Discuss Baxi Platinum 28HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Fit my first Baxi today in last 3 years. My customer was wanting long warranty so I told her about the 10yr warranty with this boiler and how highly thought it is.......now sat here like a twonk....noisiest piece or cr4p I've fitted in ages, can't believe a Grundfos pump could rattle from brand new like this one does.

Rang Baxi and they said register it and then ring us and we'll send an engineer to replace the noisy pump. I'm more concerned what my customer is now going to think of what he's bought...!!!! Not Happy, I should've put an Intergas in.

Don't be taken in by warranties!!!! Think product first.
baxi.... Stick to fires in my opinion third boilers are total pants!

Don't be taken in by warranties!!!! Think product first.
baxi.... Stick to fires in my opinion third boilers are total pants!

boilers are not pants as you put it,there highly thought of,millions out there with a proven track record

Fit my first Baxi today in last 3 years. My customer was wanting long warranty so I told her about the 10yr warranty with this boiler and how highly thought it is.......now sat here like a twonk....noisiest piece or cr4p I've fitted in ages, can't believe a Grundfos pump could rattle from brand new like this one does.

Rang Baxi and they said register it and then ring us and we'll send an engineer to replace the noisy pump. I'm more concerned what my customer is now going to think of what he's bought...!!!! Not Happy, I should've put an Intergas in.

there not normally noisy,and baxi did not make the pump,should be sorted quickly

Surely the noise fault lies with the grundfos rather then the baxi.

Surely the noise fault lies with the grundfos rather then the baxi.

I know that mate and so do you, customer only sees BAXI, I promised a top quality boiler that would replace their Ideal Isar which had given them nowt but trouble and first day the pump sounds like my transit van. Not happy, and neither are they.

Ha ha Baxi my mate fitted one yesterday, came to commission it today and "BANG" a loose nut on the gas train as now caused the boiler to be replaced......... But when the merchant rang Baxi to okay it they said, and i quote "we have had a few do that"............... Stick to fires and bbu's give me a Vaillant anyday lol

Not heard of either of these issues before. I work on Duo Tecs all day. If the pump is faulty, that pump could quite easily have been fitted in any manufacturers products. Are you sure it's not something in the system rattling round?

Not heard of either of these issues before. I work on Duo Tecs all day. If the pump is faulty, that pump could quite easily have been fitted in any manufacturers products. Are you sure it's not something in the system rattling round?

Doesn't sound like it mate, put my screwdriver on the pump to listen and it's clunking.

Just to add: I used to work for a lad who had me fitting the Main HE combis a few years ago and I couldn't count how many of these I put in....no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Remove pump head n have a look , you maybe eating humble pie lol, ( joke )

i fitted one today and something is rattling about as well but only in hot water, on heating its fine. can it be the filter on the cold inlet if its on hot water only. im back their tomorrow was thinking to take out filter to check.

Not fitted a platinum but fitted a few duotecs and they are slightly noisier than the vaillants and Worcesters but not massively.

Never had one rattling before but I would have the pump out and make sure no solder behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Platinum 28HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Noob here Struggling with a Baxi Platinum 28HE. a few years ago, the boiler was (almost) completely rebuilt with about 99% new parts. but...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All I've been having fun with my old vented, Y-Plan central heating system, since I finally got it up and running again yesterday, having...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock