Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Platinum 28HE - Condensate problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Noob here

Struggling with a Baxi Platinum 28HE. a few years ago, the boiler was (almost) completely rebuilt with about 99% new parts. but today, it stopped working with an E133 fault code. I checked the Condensate pipe and it wasnt blocked. I took the front panel off the boiler and it looked a bit damp, so I took the cover plate off to reveal the heat exchanger, expansion tank etc. This level was flooded with water which I then cleaned up. The condensate pipe that is connected to the bottom of the heat exchanger is leaking, it must have some sort of back pressure forcing water back up the pipe. I found the Condensate trap and took the bottom off. it looks like its an original piece left over from the original boiler. It didn't feel particularly tight and when i removed it, I had a lot of water drain out of the system. It had crud in the bottom of it which I cleaned out. I've replaced the bottom of the trap and the boiler works fine.... for the moment...

So, my question is, what would cause water to back up and try and exit the top of the pipe (below the the heat exchanger)? I'm guessing I haven't sorted anything out here, just buying some time as I would assume that the trap will just continue to fill up and eventually back up again until i can determine why its happening. Should i remove the entire trap? it doesn't look to difficult. I'm also not sure if its supposed to be primed or whatever??

any thoughts?

SirLostit

Reply to Baxi Platinum 28HE - Condensate problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap? Removed terminals disconnected the pipes undid fixings removed trap and gave it a good clean out then refitted? Boiler still showing same fault code after a lot of head scratching I changed the terminals over from there original positions on the...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock