Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not working/blank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All
My Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not 'lit up' - it appears to be blank. My boiler hasn't worked since the weekend so I checked the boiler panel expecting to see an error E119 low pressure message which I can normally fix myself. The error message display panel appears to have no power but I can see a red power light displaying at the electrical switch below the boiler so the power appears to be ok. The water pressure display is showing around the '2' mark and is the green safe option. The problem started after the big storm we had here in the North East at the weekend. I've tried clicking on the reset button but get no response. Does anyone have any ideas where to start as I have no idea how to try and restart the boiler.

Thanks Paul

Have you got 240v incoming as a lot atm are below 200v in places

A quick squint at the service manual indicates that there are some internal fuses so if you're seeing evidence of there being mains at the switch supplying the boiler with power (red light on switch) then it could be those. Did the storm involve lightning?

Hello Thanks for the replies - I wasn't aware of any lightning just really strong gale force winds that lasted for several hours - all other power to the house is fine - thanks for the link to the service manual - checked the fault finder in section A and as you both say problem could be fuse related or the PCB - I've had a quick look under the boiler but can't see any fuses - am guessing they are protected inside the boiler - I'm not really confident about opening up the boiler. Hopefully replacing a fuse or the circuit board won't be too expensive :( - thanks again for your replies

If there were surges in the mains distribution due to falling trees tripping circuit breakers then that might explain things. Hopefully the fuse(s) did their job and prevented any further damage.

Reply to Baxi Duo Tec Combi HE error display light is not working/blank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months ago (c.2 months) my Baxi combi boiler had an issue where the hot water would go hot and cold on a regular cycle; it would get hot, then cool down, then...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone, I woke up to find the radiators unusually hot. Went to check the Worcester 30Si and the blue light was on even though no demand (fire symbol) was showing. The room temperature was well above the room thermostat (Honeywell, wired) setting. Hot water is fine. Tried...
Replies
Views
H
Hi! If anyone is able to give any advice it's hugely appreciated! I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. I have a condensing combi boiler (Baxi Potterton Duo-Tec 33 Combi ErP) installed 2017. Works well and is serviced annually. In the loft above a bedroom. Only thing to perhaps mention is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock