Search the forum,

Discuss Bath legs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

This is from an Vil and booch bath and i just want to clarify all is ok. I have 2 of these legs which stick to the underside of the bath. the black feet just screw on to the plastic leg bit.

Is this it ? Does it need any more support ?

I will need to build a frame for the bath as well. IMG_0001.JPG

thats it, you'll need to build a frame on the front and fix some wood to the wall to support the back of the bath, seal it all up too and you'll be good to go

Make up the bath to the correct height and put into position. Mark height of bath along all walls with a pencil. measure distance from top of bath (pencil line height) and the underside lip of the bath and mark this on walls with bath removed. Fix 2x1 timbers to wall along lower pencil line with screws and grab adhesive. Check bath fits back correctly and is level and sitting on timbers, when you are ready to install the bath run a bead of mastic along top of timbers and along wall between timber and first pencil line, then once bath is in place and secured run another bead of mastic to between bath and wall.

ps. if you have std walls try and fix timbers into studs or fit a few vertical timbers between floor and support timbers.

bath.jpgbath2.jpg

Thanks for this. So does the weight of the bath get taken by the frame, or do the legs take the weight.

I will also be building a wall at the front of the bath and the rear.

Why do you use mastic and not silicone?

mastic = sillcone

the bath legs take the weight of the bath(water,user), the frame is to secure the bath and add extra support to ensure you dont get movement etc.....

As you can see im not a great artist! LOL

Last edited:
I will also be building a wall at the front of the bath and the rear.

Just out of curiousity. Is this an existing bathroom? Reason being is that you need to apply to the authorities if you want to relocate/add a bathroom to another room in the property. Load bearing joists for baths is an issue, a big issue. and AGDS regs too

why ? i have never bothered, once its all fixed in, it shouldnt move anyway

Just usual practise. With the weight of the bath any expansion is at maximum whilst drying and contracting on empty.12.5% movement on mastic. If you exceed that on filling whilst sealing empty it will compromise the seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is an attic conversion and all done with regs. I think i have done a double joist under the bath, but the span of 3m using 175mm joists is well in tolerance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath legs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock