Discuss Basin cold tap shuts off when turned anti clockwise. Opens when turn clockwise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qwerty

I bought a nice basin of ebay and it came with nice chrome taps. they work perfectly except the cold tap works the other way round. You have to turn it clockwise to open it and anti clockwise to shut it. The hot water tap works as normall. Is it some kind of adjustment in the tap itself?

quite common on 1/4 turn taps fitted set the other day and had the same

yes i understand now. are these cartridges different for every tap? so i would have to get one specific to my taps. its got company name engraved on the bottom so should be able to find one somewhere.

cartridges for 1/4 turn taps come in left and right handed flavours you obviously have two the same

cartridges for 1/4 turn taps come in left and right handed flavours you obviously have two the same

i dont get how that works. arnt they both suppose to turn anti and clockwise like normal taps. so if you swap them. shouldnt make a difference

no, with 1/4 turn taps if you have lever handles for instance, the handles point down the right hand one turns to the right and the left hand one turns to the left. do you understand?

no, with 1/4 turn taps if you have lever handles for instance, the handles point down the right hand one turns to the right and the left hand one turns to the left. do you understand?

Oh yes i get it. i have a set of those lever and one goes one way and the other goes the other way. thanks for explaining. one more question, are these cartridges different forevery tap or do they come as standard?

Last edited by a moderator:
the spindles come in different sizes, that is the part that the handle fits onto with the splines. it will be best if you can take the offending one with you to the local plumbers merchants to get a match otherwise the handle wont fit properly.

They do not comply to any standard.

The splines on the spindle are different from make to make and you should
take the handle / lever as well as the cartridge to the merchant when buying
replacements.

the spindles come in different sizes, that is the part that the handle fits onto with the splines. it will be best if you can take the offending one with you to the local plumbers merchants to get a match otherwise the handle wont fit properly.

Thats great thanks very much.

They do not comply to any standard.

The splines on the spindle are different from make to make and you should
take the handle / lever as well as the cartridge to the merchant when buying
replacements.[/QUOTE

Thanks i will do that.

Contact the seller from Ebay, he messed up

I actually bought just the basin. The taps where a bonus. I already had new ones but these are bigger and very high quality and it looks new so im gona stick to these even if i have to live with the wrong way round cold tap. Its not a big deal really. Still does the job. Most of the time we use the hot tap anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin cold tap shuts off when turned anti clockwise. Opens when turn clockwise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I purchased 2x 1/2” tap gland for my basin because the hot one was faulty. I had to turn the stopcock of in the kitchen. I also had to turn...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I recently had a Hansgrohe wall mounted single lever basin tap and a Hansgrohe thermostatic concealed bath/shower valve installed...
Replies
Views
The tub/shower valve was so tight and hard to turn that I could almost not turn it, so I just replaced the Moen cartridge with an OEM Moen...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock