Discuss atl practical training - ARCHIVED - FALSE POSITIVES - LEADING QUESTIONS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

selocan

Any one here doing plumbing 6189 course with atlpt?

Re: atl practical training

Yes im doing the C&G 6189 course with them.

Hi mate how you finding the course? Have you been to any practicals yet

HI...Very long winded at the moment,not been on any practicals yet as i am doing the pre-attendence tests first.
I failed the one online 4 times and just starting the written one they send you so hopefully after iv done this il be good to go.
I was reading on here somewhere that its set out to make you fail on the online test, the tests give you no idea on how good or bad you do even tho i am trained in health and safety in my current job and the tests are all about them and i still failed which pi55ed me off.
How far along are you on yours?

Lol funnily enough right where you are mate bunch of tossers they are i too failed 4 times and recieved the paper version about 2 weeks ago and ive done only about half of it and not even sure if its right but its a good month of work unless you just sit home for a week all day and do it. I still aint come accross any one whos got to there practical which is worrying

The amount of writing you have to do is ridiculous i thought i was in university for one moment but i spoke to the tutor and told em there idiots and the online test was made to fail she denied it. But paper test jst wont finish which training centre will you be going

Yep there's alot of revision and writing to do so just flicking through the easier one's and doing them first,lol.
To be frank its all bobbin's.There is a post on this site where some guy as done more then were up to and not having many problems with his apart from the long windness of it all.so just going to crack on slowly and hope for the best.
Regarding the center i can't remember where exactly but somewhere in yorkshire i think?

Feel free to send me a message if you want any help with anything.
cheers.mark.

Practical training is must in any of the courses we do because it makes us face the real situations and handle them. Reading about them and personally doing are both different things.

hi guys wondering if could be of use i signed up a few weeks ago just waiting for my tutor details to be confirmed, ive been researching ATL whilst finding directions to training centre and came across some worrying forums claiming that these courses are all a sham and in fact the company has gone bust i have not been able to find any concrete confirmation on this hence why im seeking help. im just starting module 4 and have all my TMA`s ready to be marked and found also that the amount of writing is a bit much but have progressed through the first 3 modules ok i think.

just hoping you can confirm all is fine

cheers frank

Its fine mate dont worry depends what you can take out of it but it is a legit company but like all training providers there after your money so problems can come up but as long as you finish and get yoyr technical certificate you should be glad but be weary to get the full award u need a workplace or a job in order for c&g to assess you on site so make sure on your practicals you manage to do the objectives because you wont have anywhere tobdit again unless you can find voluntary work

Last edited by a moderator:

so atl still exists? glad to hear that
ive tried to get a work placement but i have been told to get the qualification first.
so they dont do the assesments in the practical training centre?
is it possible to get voluntary work placements to be assessed on?
sorry for so many questions just need to make a plan of action as currently between jobs and was just going to get a job till i pass the course then once qualified then find a plumbing job.
the course im doing is the c&g 6189 domestic plumbing without the gas qualification as it was a bit to expensive for me at the moment.
do i need the gas Qualification to get work?

Een with qualification youl find it hard to get a job mate most employers prob wont care about gas because they got other staff that can do it. But its a advantage to get it especially if you want to go self employed thats where the money is cause you cant touch any gas appliance but you dont neccesarily need it and yes you can dobthe assessment voluntarily but u will need a employer who trusts you to fit a full bathroom or a customer whos willing ti volunteer which i personally wont unless its a relative maybe.

thats good that maybe easier than i think as a friend of mine is a assessor in the plumbing and gas and may be able to help with work.
but i feel kinda lost with this course ive been in contact with head office a couple of times now first to check they got my enrollment payment which was on the 1st which they did no problem but didnt have my details on the system to give me my tutor details so i was told to ring back in a few days and leave it till today to ring again giving ample time for my details to be put on and get told this has still not being actioned. i explained tp them that i have my first 3 TMA`s to be marked, and was advised i could post them but dont want to get them lost in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to atl practical training - ARCHIVED - FALSE POSITIVES - LEADING QUESTIONS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock