Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ariston micro Genus 23 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Our combi boiler has stopped working - I was expecting it to be a new fan required - as this happened 2 years ago due to water coming in through the flue during heavy rain.

One thing I don't understand is that when the boiler is turned on, the pump starts immediately despite the heating not calling for heat. The boiler doesn't ignite nor does the fan run. I've tried to reset but no use. Running the hot water does nothing apart from making the little red light on the flow switch ignite.

We are due to have a new kitchen fitted in the next few months which will involve a new combi boiler in a new position so I'm keen to not spend too much at this stage just to keep it running for a few months.

Does anyone have any thoughts please? It's getting chilly here...

Welcome to the forum Syd, I fear that you will get limited help because it`s gas and therefore it is against the law for you to attempt a repair yourself unless the answer lies outside of the boiler. Others will be along to advise you better than I can as I'm not gsr.

Welcome to the forum as a RPM says we only give boiler advise to those who are gas safe registered .

If you do need parts sometimes on cheap boilers parts can be expensive.

Rather than spend money on a dated (and not the best) boiler, can you get the new combi fitted now?
If you have the new kitchen plans/layout it could be fitted now and then your new kitchen could be fitted around it (making sure your kitchen fitter leaves appropriate clearences around it, which your gassafe plumber will advise
Why not ring the plumber who will be fitting the new boiler and ask for advice

I don't have a plumber lined up yet for the new boiler but yes this is the decision that I need to make - whether to pull apart the existing kitchen 2 months ahead of schedule in order to get a new boiler fitted in a new position or whether to get this one fixed.

That's why I was hoping for an indication of what might be wrong and thus what it might cost to get this short term fix.

Any thoughts gratefully received....

Boiler first & kitchen second then, as said above then kitchen fitter knows what he has to work too regarding the regs.

thanks yes, I understand your point that the boiler should go in first before the kitchen unts. It's just that if I knew that I could get the existing boiler fixed for £200 say then I'd get it fixed so it could be used for a couple of months.

That`s fair enough, it`s your money after all. Still can`t advise you myself I'm afraid.
There is a sub forum "Looking for a plumber or Heating Engineer" where you could post if you include a postcode and want a member to take a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston micro Genus 23 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock