Discuss Anyone selling old tools or other plumbing related stuff? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening everyone,

So far I have managed to buy some second hand tools which are all in good working order along with some fittings plus some stuff I have bought new.

As I have about 6/7 months until I am out of the army I am picking bits up here and there along the way to add to what I have so thought it might be an idea to see if anyone here has anything lying around their van/garage that they don't need/want and want to get some money for it instead of having it sat around gathering dust.

If you reply on here or PM me with anything that you want to get rid of big or small with prices including P+P that'd be very helpful.

Thanks

I'm having a bit of a clear out ash, I'll send some pics tomorrow mate

Thanks ecowarm

dancinplumba, I'm in the middle of writing a list of what I need so I can add that to the thread tomorrow

:)

ff the top of my head i've got stilsons, various sizes, spare grinders 41/2" + 5" , spare DeWalt battery drill xrp - old but works well. 240v hand drills- various, tap reseating tools- various. Jig saw and circular saw 240v ..........etc etc

i seen a record bender on the bay the other day now that would be a good buy a old one as well will last forever

Thanks for that ecowarm!

I'll add my list tomorrow, It'll make it easier to see what I'm missing. I'll add pictures of what I have too.

Ash, the Yorkshire promo fittings bundle from poofix is good value to get you started. Includes a tub of flux and 70 genuine Yorkshire soldered fittings. It's on clearance sale for only ÂŁ21. Link wont work here, it's under soldered fittings.

unexpected_plumbers_crack-70268911.jpg Me and the apprentice at work today.......not

Too short notice for me to make that, where can I find info on tool fairs? Do you go, are they good?

t shirt and a bacon butty for me n November lol sweat im only going for the freebe's lol good day out ash you going m8 if not lonely train there on me tod
Do the T shirts go up for xxxl

tools 005.jpgtools 008.jpgtools 009.jpgtools 013.jpgwork 037_opt.jpg

Some items if interested Ash

All working order, the bacho adjustable is old but never used.

Here is a list of stuff I believe need from working with a plumber on weekends, it's a very general list and a lot of it I can get myself locally. I know there's a lot more I need but i'm just working off memory I will add a list of what I have at the bottom. I don't expect people to be selling dust sheets lol I have just added what I can think of so if anyone can think of other stuff feel free to tell me.

Stilsons
Decent screwdrivers
Grinder and wheels
Smoke pellets
Smoke matches
Grips
Paint brushes
Hose
Stepladder
Dustpan and brush
Hoover
Dust sheets
Hacksaw
Jr hacksaw
Normal saw
Goggles
Screws
horte white - spelling??
Drill bits
Levels
Buckets
Chisels
Small torch
Pliers
pipe holder for van

Wire brushes
Multimeter
Wire stripper

What I have:
fatmax tool case, grips, various adjustables, screwdrivers, massive level, pipe benders, 15, 22, 28 pipe cutters, 18v drill (going to need a bigger one I know), super fire 2, solder, flux, 15mm clips, 22mm clips, hammer, some 15 and 22 fittings, tap wrench, immersion heater wrench, allen keys, LDF, compressed air, 'gas' tape, closure plate tape, stanley knife, ptfe,

I have more but I can't remember off the top of my head. :)

Last edited:
t shirt and a bacon butty for me n November lol sweat im only going for the freebe's lol good day out ash you going m8 if not lonely train there on me tod
Do the T shirts go up for xxxl

haha November is looking good mate, if i'm not busy i'll be going

Dewalt xrp 18v combi drill hammer and torque settings for screws comes with 2 batteries and charger. I have a matching 18v dewalt circular saw in the shed that uses the same batteries. Its getting on for 10yrs old (drill) batteries one is june08 and the other is older 08 both working and holding charge. Some of the dewalt's on offer in BNQ are cheap made for BNQ with plastic gearboxes. This is a proper DeWalt

sorry i obviously didn't look at the pictures of the grinders close enough :p

What's the price of each one?

Bosch 110v ÂŁ25
240v ÂŁ20
Dewalt combi drill ÂŁ50

plus the cost of postage

Last edited by a moderator:
How much?

Does anyone else use these?

With the VAT new they're around ÂŁ150, cans are around ÂŁ30. It's as new so I'd do it for ÂŁ110 (P+P included)

They work fine as kits. If you're planning on freezing quite often you're better of getting a proper machine but you won't get something decent for less than ÂŁ600-ÂŁ800 so in the meantime this is a good kit. I bought it to use until I was busy enough to afford an expensive machine. I used it to change a couple of stop cocks when the one in the road wouldn't shut off and did a rad valve too. It just saves you turning down little jobs where water can't be shut off. Do a couple and you've paid for it.

PM if interested.

Bought some stuff from ecowarm, hopefully get it by the end of the week. Makes sense to get some stuff second hand, every penny will count when I finally go it alone.

If anyone else has stuff they want rid of let me know and I'll see if I need it. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Ah well shame I'd have given you 20 quid. Thought it was a food mixer and was going to buy it to give the wife more womens work to keep her occupied.

that looks like a good recip saw, how much is it new ? looking for one myself

Thanks for posting the saw but don't think i'll be needing one anytime soon. Hopefully someone will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone selling old tools or other plumbing related stuff? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
I am renovating a house, which currently has no plumbing. Attached is the design for the house. I'm getting a plumber to fit the boiler and core...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am in the process of trying to open a new Plumbing Wholesalers in Wales / Western England. I have identified distributors and...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock