From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Anyone ever seen any bath taps like these? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I saw 6 sets of these during a stay at a very modern and expensive hotel, in London, they had been commissioned by the hotel group, I had to ask, as like you I thought that they were very old, in fact just made to look old.
I hope that helps.
Paul

Gasmk1

Gas Engineer
Advent Win
no never but they are just plug valves you will have to take them out and take them apart to see what can be done. there are similar gas valves of this type that need to be greased but you can't use just any grease on water it has to be potable.

Last edited:
1. Never seen anything like them.
2. They look as if they are based on the tapered plug principle.
3. Try nipping up the two nuts which hold the flanges on underneath. Second picture ...099C refers.

Has anyone ever seen any bath taps as old as these?
Interesting.

To me, they they do look quite old. The lead plumbing underneath also looks old, probably pre-WW2. But the square edges and corners everywhere don't look authentic. Maybe the original taps have been renovated in the past but using a milling machine to make replacements for the original cast parts?

Does the owner know anything about them?

Ric2013

Plumber
Interesting.

To me, they they do look quite old. The lead plumbing underneath also looks old, probably pre-WW2.
There also looks to my inexpert eye to be a threaded joint on a copper tube. Back from the days when copper tube was very thick?

Reply to Anyone ever seen any bath taps like these? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares