Search the forum,

Discuss Any HETAS guys here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweakyboy

I need a little bit of information on a log burner for my house. Can you fit 2 x 45 straight off the top of the log burner? I need to keep the burner back into the fireplace as much as possible and would really like to negate the option of using a tee with soot cap.

Thanks guys :bucktooth:

You cannot preach the use of a gar engineer and not give out advice in a forum about gas. And then ask for hetas advice

Get an engineer around

Or if you are hetas you could pm your details to gasman or croppie ( :p )

I have a engineer coming around tomorrow for some advise, I would like a heads up thats why I posted in the arms instead of the solid fuel forum!

Its not illegal to fit stoves yourself, you can have them signed off by your council after its done.

Something like this, to avoid the lintel basically.
1-darren.jpg

Yeah thats what I read in BR Part J, but as you know M.I's over rule them. I've just spoke to a installer via email and he said its ok to use 45's like that. I can see few installations online which have been done like that. I'll have to wait until I see the installer tomorrow. I will let you know what he says.

I think it can depend on the draw too

I'm sure you have to test solid fuel flues for a certain -mb flow

Same applies to solid fuel freestanding stoves as Gas. 600mm vertical flue off the top before introducing a bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any HETAS guys here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Logic Combi 30 gas boiler installed in my house. The wife and I would like to install a multi fuel stove with a back burner to give us another option for central heating and hot water (especially with the current price of gas). With the pressurised system, is it possible to do...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff myself rather than getting contractors in, wherever possible, not just for cost, but also because I want to learn (a useful life skill surely!) I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock