Discuss Already bought a boiler, would a engineer fit it . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howard

I have bought a boiler as my old one needs replacing, would an heating engineer fit or do they prefer to source their own? If they would fit it around how much would it cost? Thanks

Hi Howard and welcome most gassafe engineers would prefer to supply and fit although some will fit the one you supply with some pre conditions i.e is it brand new in a sealed box do you have the relevant paperwork a reciept do you have the correct flue .....etc I suggest you post in theI'm looking for a plumber/gassafe engineer section state where you are based and arrange to get someone to come and give you a quote...best of luck regards Turnpin:welcome:

Yes, any gas safe engineer worth his wallet will fit your boiler.
Cos, if he doesn't, another gas safe engineer worth his wallet will.

Wow. What a way to scare off new people to the site

The op has asked a genuine question and all you guys wanted to do was rip the urine

Not very fair or professional ?
nobody is scaring off anybody but when someone already buys a boiler generally its a cheap one,with manufacturers who offer very little or no support,have you tried speaking to ravenheat recently?totally pointless the op was given good advice in post 2

Wow. What a way to scare off new people to the site

The op has asked a genuine question and all you guys wanted to do was rip the urine

Not very fair or professional ?

Who cares, people only buy there own boilers for one reason. They someone will fit it for tenner.

I does not matter which manufacturer of boiler is chosen, as long as it is installed by a competent person and registered with building control.

Any engineer would fit it, and anyone who gets on a high horse because they arent making a fortune on the mark up is just a ÂŁ&@()!?,,,,, as long as the engineer fits and tests it to relevant standards, and boiler is known make, can't see a problem, different ball game if anything untoward with boiler,

I have no problem with someone buying their own boiler although i used to think otherwise and i couldn't care less what make it is, i'll fit it.

If i supply the boiler you get a full fit and warranty service. Any problems with the boiler (ladbrooks wouldn't take a bet on there not being one within the "guarantee period") then i'm your first call. Either i'll fix it or will arrange it to be fixed by the manufacturer, either way i'll attend but you have paid for this service.

You supply the boiler all you get is a fit (it will still be registered with manu and gas safe).
You take on full responsibility from then on. I won't offer any more help other than perhaps a phone number unless i'm being paid.
Also be aware some manu's want paid before they come out under warranty.
Most (including the so called quality manu's) will also use every lame excuse under the sun to blame anything except their boiler which wouldn't happen on a (one of my) supply and fit as i'd be standing next to him.

Old saying you get what you pay for also includes the service.

WD, what's with the mega avatar, is it you on New Years eve

Avatar's one of the family relatives, from the dark and distant past.
My wife's been hammering the family line and a few very, very old portraids are to be found.
Thought I'd give the good fellow and airing.

Here's a few others:
YAqPXFsXRnWLSd3e6yI13lDRtpd4bWmjJ5Ft98HT2coUOdBDxLexKKwJXTiDuwPf_zps87a985fc.jpg

YAqPXFsXRnWJmWFQRnkNT7NNpubg0F6cywuC4Bhix8cniynDeumGxW2D2fGA5m72_zps7a6b8467.jpg

Last edited:
Avatar's one of the family relatives, from the dark and distant past.
My wife's been hammering the family line and a few very, very old portraids are to be found.
Thought I'd give the good fellow and airing.

Here's a few others:
YAqPXFsXRnWLSd3e6yI13lDRtpd4bWmjJ5Ft98HT2coUOdBDxLexKKwJXTiDuwPf_zps87a985fc.jpg

YAqPXFsXRnWJmWFQRnkNT7NNpubg0F6cywuC4Bhix8cniynDeumGxW2D2fGA5m72_zps7a6b8467.jpg

Were they gas safe registered and would they fit customers boiler?

I have no problem with someone buying their own boiler although i used to think otherwise and i couldn't care less what make it is, i'll fit it.

If i supply the boiler you get a full fit and warranty service. Any problems with the boiler (ladbrooks wouldn't take a bet on there not being one within the "guarantee period") then i'm your first call. Either i'll fix it or will arrange it to be fixed by the manufacturer, either way i'll attend but you have paid for this service.

You supply the boiler all you get is a fit (it will still be registered with manu and gas safe).
You take on full responsibility from then on. I won't offer any more help other than perhaps a phone number unless i'm being paid.
Also be aware some manu's want paid before they come out under warranty.
Most (including the so called quality manu's) will also use every lame excuse under the sun to blame anything except their boiler which wouldn't happen on a (one of my) supply and fit as i'd be standing next to him.

Old saying you get what you pay for also includes the service.

Well said.
I want to "like" this twice....

So tamz quick question, You supply a boiler and the boiler breaks down within the warranty period, do you fix the boiler ? Manufacturers give warranties with there boiler, so im not aloud to touch said boiler if said boiler breaks within the warranty or i void the warranty,, i only guarantee my work, and even if i supply a boiler to a customer and that boiler breaks down its the manufacturers who must send an engineer to fix,

So tamz quick question, You supply a boiler and the boiler breaks down within the warranty period, do you fix the boiler ? Manufacturers give warranties with there boiler, so im not aloud to touch said boiler if said boiler breaks within the warranty or i void the warranty,, i only guarantee my work, and even if i supply a boiler to a customer and that boiler breaks down its the manufacturers who must send an engineer to fix,

funny thing though, you are the one who sold the boiler so you are overall responsible for ensuring it is fit for purpouse, if the manufacturer fails to respond in a reasonab le time you will be the one in small claims court defending yourself against a claim

Depends on the make of the boiler and what it is.
Most call backs are usually stupid things like controls lost their signal or pressure needs topping up a bit but i'd also swap small parts if i have it on the van for good customer relations and couldn't care less what the manus think.

Btw If it's an intergas i will swap anything it needs but you ok the parts with the rep and submit your bill which will be paid.

Just curious as anytime I've been in that circumstance I've contacted ideal or worcester they send an engineer to fix there product and that's it. Never had to spend money on a warranted product but I suppose area and make as manufacturer engineers are only so many. I've a Worcester and an ideal engineer not to far but I suppose if they weren't there then we'd have to fix . Does manu send u the part or do you source it yourself and do you just send them a bill ,

I will only swap a part if i have it in the van and its a cheapy like maybe a diverter motor. 20 quid is nothing in the big picture.
Anything else i'll phone it in and attend to make sure they don't come out with any of their usual pysh (although worcester are fine that way).

With Intergas you either buy their parts case and use and replace or you ring them requesting a part and pick it up at your local stockist then send them the bill for your labour.
Its cheaper for them than sending an engineer up from Englandshire to do it.
Thats the way it is supposed to work but i've never tested it as they don't break down.
Fitted about a 6 Intergas's over the past couple of years (they are a hard sell as no one has heard of them) and never had any problems with any.

Cheers tamz.
I've heard a lot about intergas but I've not fitted or worked on any of there boilers.

Get yourself on one of their courses.
Next time you are inverness Dobies have a place there. They are an agent for them and do the training course in their branch.
Its free, only takes a morning and you get on their list so can offer a 5 year on them plus another thing i'll not mention on an open forum if they are still doing it.
They are good boilers btw but as said, a hard sell to the i want a wooster because big gas sell them so they are great brigade.

Cheers , not many free courses, il defo look at that , spot on,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Already bought a boiler, would a engineer fit it . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock