Discuss Alpha CB33 Fuse blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazyk69

Hi

Just had a confusing chat with Alpha Technical dept, the internal fuse was blowing on initial start up, we suspected the fan and determined that was the fault, fan changed and then the fan runs ok but again the fuse blows, points me to the air/pressure switch, one the fan has proved its running, one guy said we can just join the two wires together from the air pressure switch and if it starts the switch is at fault, but the other guy says different, now I'm led to beleive the first guy is correct, once fan is up and running(proved), we just join air pressure switch wires togther and it should fire up, can anyone shed light as it has confused me (not hard i know).

Thanks

are you a gas safe engineer? because there are easy ways to prove this fault,its unlikely to be the aps

my plumber is, he isn't good at fault finding though, he has checked the electrical supply at the m5 connector term 15 and m6 term 20 is ok, and at term 15 and 20, so he is a little confused, he doesn't normally do call outs but customer is a good customer and we want to get it right, hence the telephone call to Alpha. thanks

linking the wires probably wont work unles you do it just after the fan starts up, as gm says, this isn't he best way to test it anyway. unlikely it will be the aps causing fault, you should get someone in who knows what they are doing

as you can no doubt appreciate most of us on the forum are registered gas engineers,so cant give safety related advice out to non qualified members however direct your engineer to this site linking the query to this thread if he has a valid GSR number we can point him/her in the right direction

yes will tell the customer, my plumber does installation work so did advise her, but thought he'd have a quick look to see. Thanks

yes fully understand gasman, thanks, being boss its down to me to chase technical issues, just thought i'd ask, don't really want my guy getting bogged down with fault diagnosis as its not his area and will end up costing us money, thanks again.

yes fully understand gasman, thanks, being boss its down to me to chase technical issues, just thought i'd ask, don't really want my guy getting bogged down with fault diagnosis as its not his area and will end up costing us money, thanks again.

Hi crazyk69 & :welcome:

You can put an add here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL]

Just give general area of the country and look out for pm's ...there are some crackin repair guys in here :)

Where abouts are you?

Where N manchester, its okay, got a guy who we know who does fault finding coming over, was only a favour as it went out whilst we where there. But thanks,

Thanks Diamondgas, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha CB33 Fuse blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back