Discuss Advice for replacing down pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have attached some images of the current pipe which is cast iron and always getting blocked. It serves as the waste pipe for bath and sink, I have tried to flush it out with a jet wash but it failed to break through what ever is stuck.

I am happy to go ahead and replace it but would like some advice. What size pipe would I need and hopper?

Alternatively there is a soil pipe about 2-3meters over to the right, would I be better adjusting the two waste pipes along the wall at a small decline and make a connection to that? It will probably look awful and I don't like the thought of longer runs for waste pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_20221007_145839.jpg
    IMG_20221007_145839.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20221007_150220.jpg
    IMG_20221007_150220.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 21

Reply to Advice for replacing down pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock