Discuss Advice for replacing down pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have attached some images of the current pipe which is cast iron and always getting blocked. It serves as the waste pipe for bath and sink, I have tried to flush it out with a jet wash but it failed to break through what ever is stuck.

I am happy to go ahead and replace it but would like some advice. What size pipe would I need and hopper?

Alternatively there is a soil pipe about 2-3meters over to the right, would I be better adjusting the two waste pipes along the wall at a small decline and make a connection to that? It will probably look awful and I don't like the thought of longer runs for waste pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_20221007_145839.jpg
    IMG_20221007_145839.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20221007_150220.jpg
    IMG_20221007_150220.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Advice for replacing down pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock