Discuss Advice Appreciated - Considering Legal Action in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they're just trying it on Kieran to avoid the payment.

The court process is relatively easy if they ignore it. As said, being a commercial debt means you've a lot more ground to in force it with. I think you'll be OK and I would definitely not have let it go.

Be interested to know the outcome of the court judgement, and how you faired with enforcing it which from my experience, is harder than the court judgement itself!

Been to court??

Kind of. I did some work for a company and didn't get paid. Went through the small claims procedure which is all online and they didn't appeal in the given time, so I won by default.
As I was enforcing the CCJ the company was wound up by BSS for non payment of their account. I got a letter through from the administrators which showed they owed about £80k to various debtors, so I didn't get a penny.

Which actually reminds me, I never did get my revenge.

Kind of. I did some work for a company and didn't get paid. Went through the small claims procedure which is all online and they didn't appeal in the given time, so I won by default.
As I was enforcing the CCJ the company was wound up by BSS for non payment of their account. I got a letter through from the administrators which showed they owed about £80k to various debtors, so I didn't get a penny.

I was in the process of taking eaga heat to court over unpaid money , they ended up paying me twice and never realised ,,,, bonus !!

been there with a nursing home grrrrrrh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice Appreciated - Considering Legal Action in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock