Discuss ACS portfolio help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjuk

Hi all, i'm starting my ACS portfolio and have a gas engineer whos willing to help me complete it but, he does alot of commercial work and says its the volume of gas im dealing with that decides what appliances i can and cannot touch. Whats the maximum that i can go up to for domestic,is it 0.00084 m/3 or is it 35mb? And would i be able to put say a hotel in my portfolio i.e say a small gas cooker? Would you get a boiler in a hotel what would come under as being domestic? Any advice would be helpful,thanks.

hi,mate IGE/UP/1B ( domestic installations) states that the max installation volume is 0.035m/3
meter size does not exceed "U16" (16m/3)
pipe size no larger than 35mm
max outlet pressure 21mb +/-.. so i think a hotel would definetly be unsuitable to gain evidence , hope this helps .. cheers

Last edited:
dont worry about the portfolio at the moment, get some center or site training experience done and do some reading first.lol.

Ive done the site training i just wanted to make sure i didnt add anything that i shouldn't to my portfolio and let this gas engineer no what my i can do and what i couldnt. I kinda knew i wouldnt be able to do any hotel work i just wanted to double check on the volumes of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS portfolio help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock