Discuss 6128 vs 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulproject

can anyone tell me the difference between 6128 and 6129. simmit skills have told me that 6128 is worthless and the minimum entry requirement for nvqs is the 6129. can anyone please clarify

Hi Check out this topic previously covered -

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/2264-c-g-6128-c-g-6129-please-help-2.html

But reading your post I think its unlikley that summit skills would say the 6128 is worthless- there the people that wrote the schemes!

I guess your probably getting confused - tech certs (6128 and 6129) dont qualify you to work in the trade but you need to do them to go on to do the NVQ if you are new in the trade.

Hi

This has already been covered -
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/2264-c-g-6128-c-g-6129-please-help-2.html

I think its unlikely that summit skills told you 6128 is worthless as they are the chaps that desgined the scheme to meet industrys requirements.

What your probably getting confused with is that tech certs 6128, 6129 on their own dont qualify you to work in the trade, but if you are new to the trade you need to do the tech certs in order to go on to do the NVQ bit ie 6088, 6089

Thanks

Hi

I think its unlikely that summit skills told you 6128 is worthless as they are the chaps that desgined the scheme to meet industrys requirements.

What your probably getting confused with is that tech certs 6128, 6129 on their own dont qualify you to work in the trade, but if you are new to the trade you need to do the tech certs in order to go on to do the NVQ bit ie 6088, 6089

Thanks

Please clarify - I thought that the 6128 did qualify you as long as you are working self employed and you only needed the NVQ if you are working for somebody else or have I been mislead.

can i do both nvqs qith just one of either 6128 or 6129? do i need to do both?
im doing 6128 which you have said is heating and ventilation but on my course ive been fitting bathrooms. if i get the 6128 does that mean i can only go on to do an nvq in heating and ventilation and work in that sector?

Hi

Thanks

Please clarify,
I was lead to believe that the NVQ was only required if you are employed by somebody else and you only needed the 6129 if you are self employed or have I been told a load of bull.

6128 and 6129 are technical certificates - ie the course is completely college based eg in the 6129 plumbing you have to fit a bathroom - in college conditions .

So in the 6128 and 6129 means your are competent in a college environment -

The nvq bits 6088 and 6089 - are work based building a portfolio and being assessed on real jobs-

Ie nvq is the only proper qualification - if you just have tech certs gas safe dont want to know you.

As for the 6128 being domestic heating - it covers plumbing too. in my opinion they both qualify you to do the same sort of thing-
Most colleges that do both teach exactly the same schemes - but just do the different assessments.

This still does not answer my question. I know what NVQ's are as I am an S/NVQ assessor on Forklift Operations & Warehousing. So my question is if you are self employed do you need an NVQ in plumbing !

33ching - To answer your question- you dont need any qualifications to be a plumber- anyone can just go and set up a business.

If you want to do gas then they will want to check you have a NVQ or a log book of jobs.

But to answer your specific question if you are self employed you dont need anything 6128 6088 etc

Even when you get older and want a easy job on the council if you can produce a reasonable history of plumbing youve done that would be equivalent to NVQs

But at the moment the way things are i think you best stay as a NVQ assessor for forklift operations.

hi i would like to do acs can anyone tell me where can i start im selfemployed.

hi, can i do nvq in plumbing if im selfemployed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6128 vs 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock