Discuss 3/8 plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just pulled a bathroom suite today and found the cold water is fed via 3/8 plastic pipe from the 70s i think, my intention is to cut it back to the point it enters the bathroom an replace it all with either copper or barrier pipe, i have a 3/8 to 15mm compression reducer, do i need to have some sort of insert or anything in the plastic as i dont want to crack it while putting it on, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi, just pulled a bathroom suite today and found the cold water is fed via 3/8 plastic pipe from the 70s i think, my intention is to cut it back to the point it enters the bathroom an replace it all with either copper or barrier pipe, i have a 3/8 to 15mm compression reducer, do i need to have some sort of insert or anything in the plastic as i dont want to crack it while putting it on, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Ye mate, you defo need inserts. Cheaper ones are the metal ones. The john guest inserts are plastic but more expensive. The pipe can split if you don't use them. I repaired a fitting without inserts last week.

Only thing is, I don't know for certain if you'll get that imperial size in an insert?

cheers mate, somebody has mentioned putting a piece f 15mm copper in as an insert but not sure

cheers mate, somebody has mentioned putting a piece f 15mm copper in as an insert but not sure

Best bet, cut a small section of the imperial pipe, nip down the plumb centre and take the small cut-off with you. I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out with something bud

Talbot do a push fit fitting for 3/8" black alkathene (change the O ring to suit) and no insert required

Eco

this could be dura pipe see if you can find markings on the pipe or fittings this is solvent welded ...GF make similar fittings and adaptors try BSS or go on the GEORGE FISCHER website good luck

this pipe is likely to be poly york ,best to try and get a polyyork 1/2 inch tap connector and solvent weld on and you can convert to copper,done afew of these brittle pipe

As advised, i cut the pipe and took it down to my local traders, i used a hep metal insert and covered it with ptfe tape, popped that in,put a bit of solvent weld on then a 3/8 to 15 compression fitting and for good measure i applied plumbers mate to the threads, crossed my fingers, turned on the water and........ success, not a leak in sight, and i changed the remaining pipe which i think was poly york with some copper, happy days :D cheers for your advice lads

As advised, i cut the pipe and took it down to my local traders, i used a hep metal insert and covered it with ptfe tape, popped that in,put a bit of solvent weld on then a 3/8 to 15 compression fitting and for good measure i applied plumbers mate to the threads, crossed my fingers, turned on the water and........ success, not a leak in sight, and i changed the remaining pipe which i think was poly york with some copper, happy days :D cheers for your advice lads

Belt and Braces:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/8 plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock