Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm speedfit compression connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

Is it acceptable to use 22mm speedfit pipe (using an insert) with any conventional copper pipe compression fitting to mate 22mm copper pipe to PB speedfit pipe? The guide mentions hard olives must not be used and recommends copper and not brass olives. Are fittings normally supplied with copper olives and how can you tell the difference? The fitting I wish to use is a 22mm isolation valve.

copper olives will be copper coloured and brass olives will be brass coloured. if your compression fitting comes with brass olives, you will be able to get some copper ones readily.

yes its acceptable what you propose to do and fittings come with brass olives which are gold in color softer olives can be obtained and are copper and copper colored

or stick a pushfit coupler on with alittle copper and then the 22mm ballafix/isolation valve.

I am assuming that the copper ones yellow -ish and the brass a sort of golden colour ? is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm speedfit compression connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Most grateful for any advice on the fittings reqired to enable 22mm feeds into the mixer taps via the chrome extension pipes customer supplied in a kit with no instructions. The taps are 'Homes 1924 Bathrooms' This is a free standing kit. There chrome pipe is 35mm internal with a detachable...
Replies
Views
Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can tell Carbon/mild steel pipe, 28mm dia. Wish to cap them off. Can I use brass compression fittings? Like in the pic. Or do I need to use steel fixings...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper. Solder fittings just slip over it and are really loose so I gather this is old imperial pipe, so I shall use a 3/4 to 22mm coupler. However on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock