Discuss 1st Boiler you fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
We must all remember our 1st fit. Mine was a ELM Le Blanc 4.20, 2nd was a 3.? Le Blanc with only french instructions and we connected the mains water up to the gas feed - spreads asked why water was wizzing out pipe thro wall ! 4.20 was a combi with no diverter valve - 2 circuits around heater, dhw and Chw

Last edited:
Main multi point and a Worcester boiler

Ideal Concord W RS, one of the first cast iron, wall hung, Room Sealed natural draft balanced flue boilers.
You had to have mussels to lift them on the wall on your own.

It was still going strong nearly 30 years later when house was modernised.

Last edited:
Went back to the first GLOW WORM i fitted last week- open vented system- at the time PF and new rads except one. Trouble was F+E had a thing!? growing on top like a squid about 1/2" thick - an orangey brown, thick enough to pick up and then it ripped and slipped back into the deep dark depths! Never seen that before has anyone else?

IMG_20180815_095359131.jpg

Reply to 1st Boiler you fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get...
Replies
Views
My apologies as this question has probably been asked loads of times. We moved into a new house in Jan which has an oil boiler, the room that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Firstly, I am neither plumber nor heating engineer, just a willing diy, have a go guy. I have a Grant 26 oil fired combi boiler which started...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock