Discuss 1966 Cannon A134 D/2 gas cooker oven overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichaelC

Hi. First off, I registered just to ask this question, after Googling and finding the closest match here (I can't post the URL link, but it shows as Vintage Cannon Cooker Restoration). So hope this is the right place.

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to fix a 1966 Cannon A134 D/2 gas oven that is overheating. Basically not throttling back when gets to selected temperature. The gas mark dial was consistent if a little out up until last year. It is usually used at gas 5. Then, after a gas 8 cook the temperature accuracy shifted out a little, with the dial needing to be down to maybe 4.5 where it used to be 5. This last week though, when set to 5 it didn't stop heating up / throttling back. As far as I know, it went full blast to 8 or higher for the whole cook. Pulling down to 3 and a bit I believe quietened the flame but only temporarily.

I assume that, if anyone can advise, you'll need photos but I'm not sure what to photograph. Inside the oven there are 3 holes at the rear base, one for the burner the other 2 not sure. There is also a small hole front right base which apparently is a way to light the oven using a match.

Anyway, I appreciate any advice.

You need a gsr in to look at your cooker. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of cookers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1966 Cannon A134 D/2 gas cooker oven overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
My rented accommodation currently has no boiler control whatsoever: no timer or programmable unit. I need to control the heating at the boiler by...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
I just bought a new flat and I can't get the combi boiler to start up. It turns on, and although it is old I have no reason to believe it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock