Search the forum,

Discuss 10mm to 15mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

housemartin

Hi,
We've just moved into a property built in 1978 and all the radiators have 10mm copper pipework with the return and flow both at the same end. I'm intending to replace all the radiators in the house using 15mm but can't really do this in one go! As I decorate each room would it be ok just to tap off the existing 10mm pipework and increase up to 15mm for each radiator as I go? I will be looking to replace the radiators like for like in terms of their heat output etc. and ultimately replace as much of the smaller copper pipework as I can.

Any advice much appreciated.:winkiss:

Yes, at the moment I've got the floorboards up in one rear bedroom and have access to the pipework there, so can easily spur from it to where the radiator needs to go.

Don't tap off the 10mm go back to the main 15-22mm pipework. It maybe a manifold system and you have to rip it right out to the main flow and return and repipe.

If you want to reduce on cost, you can always use these below as close to the new rads as possible. It should be ok.
Flomasta End Feed Reducing Couplers 15 x 10mm Pack of 2 | End Feed Reducing | NoLinkingToThis

Thanks Pheonixservices I will try to do that. It just may mean that I need to take up a few more floorboards etc. than I really wanted to do at this stage?!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm to 15mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special to Honeywell as all available inserts are 15mm to 10mm which do not fit as the compression nut has a 10mm hole, not a 15mm. Anyone know if you can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Looking to upgrade a couple of rads in my house but wanted to get some advice on suitability. I have a glowworm bg330 31 kw conventional boiler which currently feeds 10 type 11 radiators 5 up 5 down. The upstairs is run in 15mm pipework and the downstairs in 10mm. I'm looking to upgrade the 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock