Search the forum,

Discuss 1 1/2 adapter for 4 soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Need to take a kitchen waste under floor. It's a 4 inch plastic stack there no room to cut it with a saw so need to use a hole saw. What's the best fitting to use no a fan big fan of strap on boss's

hi woody its hurdy .:walkman:when using solvent weld,make sure plenty is used blather pipe and blather boss . just make sure both areas are clean . there should be no trouble.

If a strap on boss is fitted properly, with the hole cut the right size and the surfaces clean then you will never have a problem

I like to use the strap on with the gutter bolt in for a better hold!!

( wait for the double entendre's to roll out)

Use a solvent cleaner and a 57mm hole saw and it will work a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1 1/2 adapter for 4 soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in process of completing a loft conversion and need some advice on the location of a boss adapter for the shower waste. Can a boss adapter be fixed to a 4" soil pipe at 45 degrees as shown in the pictures? My main concern is that the entry to the soil pipe is on the side and with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock