Discuss worst place to work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
in the course of our job we've all been in some disgusting houses and i'm sure have some stories we use to shock people who arent in the trade

in my relatively short career i already have 2 shockers

one guy, the waste from the bathroom sink in the flat above had never been connected to the soil stack, so every time the family above used their basin it dumped the water directly into his living room.
he didnt know who at the council to complain to so put up with it for 17 years. the ceiling of course had gone and the room itself had fungus and green slime growing everywhere, but he was still using the room

the other story was a council block where all the radiator valves where being changed to TRVs, as we were going along doing the flats people kept asking 'are you going to flat 22 the cat lady'
This lady in flat 22 kept hundreds of cats in her flats, she never let any of them out, all the window and doors were sealed and they were all in there breeding, s###ing, p##'ing and dying.
when i knocked on the door the smell of ammonia rotting food and decaying animals was like a punch in the face. impossible to count how many cats were in that flat but they were everywhere.
I told the lady i'd be back to do the job but never did

thought i'd better post this in the closed forum, dont want anyone getting sued

Lol we had a custard with a baxi 552 back boiler on contract that we called dead Ted, only Mark would go dressed with over shoes, hooded paper boiler suit, gloves, full face gas mask etc.......the front room stunk of dog excrement which was up the walls, skirting board etc......he would go in for an hour and blitz the boiler etc.....then get out dumping the clothes.

Sad thing is he would not have any help, we even got social services involved.....they could'nt do much, about him or the state of the house, which we found out he owned outright and he was actually minted....

The funniest thing? Dead Ted thought it was completety normal for a guy who was servicing his boiler to wear a gas mask, LMFAO

in the course of our job
... 17 years.
NO! Tell me you are making that one up - and win an aware for imagining worst ever!
the cat lady'
Think I saw her in one of those documentaries...

Reminds me Mr TP and I have been keen to get on one of those sewer tours - interesting family day out. Mention it is my oldest son - he said no way.
What is wrong with our son?
What wouldn't be good about a visit to a sewer?

Cat people stink.

Ive been in a few homes where people have kept loads of cats in poor condition, they have all stank, I go in, say I'm going to get my tools and drive off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worst place to work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
There is a drip coming from the ceiling in the living room and down the inside of a shared wall. There is no plumbing upstairs except in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
My son has just moved into a ground floor flat in a five-storey mansion block in London, built in about 1905. The bathroom is being renovated and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back