Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester junior 28i (non condense) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys weekends here again..
Got a junior 28i about 12 year old boiler
The pressure is constantly topping up!
With or without the filling loop key .
The client has gone away until next week and not going to do any further work until they return and have left no number to contact whilst away and left me the door keys.. haaa.. this sounds fishy.
Getting back to the issue
The prv is discharging and when isolated obviously no hot water ( few drips and drabs from the hot outlet) but still pressure will gradually build up on the gauge?
Few things is ISO letting by??
Either the internal fillig loop letting by??
OR a hole in the PHE( plate heat exchanger) calorifier constantly building up and discharges through PRV??
Also a banging kettling noise when working on central heating ( this I think would be the constant induction of fresh mains water scaled up in the exchanger causing a blockage, the constant bang bang".
I'm thinking of just applying a " DO NOT USE lable filling out A C12
Would i be correct to issue this and assist the boiler is unsafe to use?
Switch off?
If anyone has this advise would be grateful thanks.
1st thing - Tightness test was succesful.

Hi spanner, to me it sounds very fishy.
I would not have kept they keys because very often they will blame you once there are back that the scenarios you describe didn't happen before. Then you are trapped, just because they want you to fix it for free.
It sounds to me the internal filling loop letting by.

However, I'd be careful with taking someone's keys it could end badly.

I cannot give you a answer about labelling as I am not gas safe yet.

Perhaps @ShaunCorbs @king of pipes @rpm they could help you out.

Hi spanner, to me it sounds very fishy.
I would not have kept they keys because very often they will blame you once there are back that the scenarios you describe didn't happen before. Then you are trapped, just because they want you to fix it for free.
It sounds to me the internal filling loop letting by.

However, I'd be careful with taking someone's keys it could end badly.

I cannot give you a answer about labelling as I am not gas safe yet.

Perhaps @ShaunCorbs @king of pipes @rpm they could help you out.
Is the internal loop the white key type? If so is th key removed as if it is it cannot pass

Turn the water mains off and open a hot tap does the boiler system pressure drop ?

Your both on the ball today just about to move it and two notifications pop up :D

Is the internal loop the white key type? If so is th key removed as if it is it cannot pass
Yep the white built in internal key
Weren't to hand
Has to get one from spares
I'm on hold until they get back.
Been there before with hijacked appliance owners.

Cheers mate
No drips from loop
Had to attain another key as there weren't one there.
Have put the danger do use label on it.
Filled in a CP12
Wait till they get back.
Surely the cost of the repair is going to be outstanding.

Cheers mate
No drips from loop
Had to attain another key as there weren't one there.
Have put the danger do use label on it.
Filled in a CP12
Wait till they get back.
Surely the cost of the repair is going to be outstanding.

why a danger label?

Loud banging within the heat exchanger so far...
And that stands as.
Still need them present to ask about the hot water outlet and colour

Was asking about this issue earlier..!!

Loud banging within the heat exchanger so far...
And that stands as.
Still need them present to ask about the hot water outlet and colour

and how does that mean its unsafe ?

Waters off at the moment.
When it's back on and they're present I can carry out the rest of the investigation.
Personally the the noise coming from it is not right and I'd class it as a do not use.
Until the fault is rectified for their safety and others..

Yep flow and returns are open
Cold water isolated at the moment

is the heat exchanger ribbed?

Ain't removed chamber cover yet

Talk about removing.
I'm not even going there.
As far as I've seen it's enough
These people should be back tomorrow.
And as far as things go
I'm not going to assist it in any way.
They can get another engineer to do what's required.
Whether a replacement or repair.

Not complete
Its tightness tested only and as far as the issue with the discharging of the prv and banging..
Or have I filled out the wrong form ..??

are you training or fully gas safe?

Its the only form u have other than the hot water G3 sheet

Fully gas safe.

For your information the 28i doesn't have a Plate heat exchanger, just had a similar problem with one of these found a blockage in the flexi pipe between the pump and expansion tank, & its a pig to get at

Cheers mate.
Will scroll through
So which form would you USE
For this task??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester junior 28i (non condense) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock