Discuss Worcester hydraulic block leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackso

Hi guys, just wondering if any one's come across this before. Had the delight of fitting a new return side of the hydraulic block today on a Worcester 532/I, BG badged up, came to put the copper pipe back on to the top of the pump with the daft nylon locking nut and it will not seal up for any body !!!, have tried paste, washer after washer and swearing, nothing will seal it up. Spoke to Worcester technical and they said there must be a problem with either the pump threads or the nylon locking nut, which possibly means the customer forking out the main part of the block as well as the return side just fitted!!!, boiler is 7 years old.
Any help guys would be great....... or a magic wand.

Thanks Mountainman, will give it a go before fitting the expensive parts !

you havent lost that metal o ring have you

had the same problem once on taking one of those stupid boilers apart lost the o ring, I now keep 2 spares because it wasnt funny

how many times did you take it apart and put it back together trying to get a seal, how much skin do you now have on the back of your right hand

you havent lost that metal o ring have you

had the same problem once on taking one of those stupid boilers apart lost the o ring, I now keep 2 spares because it wasnt funny

how many times did you take it apart and put it back together trying to get a seal, how much skin do you now have on the back of your right hand

I dropped one once in to the void behind the boiler, couldn't find it for the life of me, rang merchants and was told 5-7 days to get part! Managed to fish it out with a magnet and like you I keep spares on the van, is it the oval metal washer with two prongs on each side? This is the part number for anyone if they need it 8-716-115-673-0

Thanks Ambrosia
Tried two or three of the metal o rings and the ...........ing thing will not seal for anyone, going back today with a new return pipe with the nylon nut on and a new pump assembly encase the old threads are knackered, the customer couldn't be better and more understanding, thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester hydraulic block leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with...
Replies
Views
Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock