Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking PHE inlet block on Heatslave II 25/32 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is not listed on any diagram. It sits ahead of the rubber o ring item 45 on drawing and has has the same ID and OD as the oring but is made from white plastic/pvc/ceramic.
The seal is also fitted ahead of the rubber oring on pipe item 44 which uses the same item 45 oring too. Worcester Tech Support say this white seal doesn’t exist but I can see and touch it. Must have been fitted in original factory build so someone should know about this seal. Young family without heat/hw so need to resolve this quickly.

Attachments

• D3A8465A-98B0-4725-89B7-24EE6437C50E.jpeg
    D3A8465A-98B0-4725-89B7-24EE6437C50E.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 21
You sure it wasn’t a nrv ?

Have you tried putting it back together with the white part ?

Where are you on this diagram?

1663954161959.jpeg

Item 45 is the oring for the prv item 51 which fits into item 50. Pipe 44 also goes into the same PHE inlet block and this is the pipe that also has the white seal backing up the oring 45. Neither white seal shows on the diagram.

Any pictures of the white seal ?

Could the broken white ring/washer/seal actually be the dried residue of a sealant applied during production (eg to ease assembly), or alternatively a residue build up perhaps due to a small leak over time? True the latter is unlikely without other evidence.
Surely the o-rings are supposed to provide the sealing function? I don't understand why there would be an additional hard material added as a separate component when the plastic moulding could have included that function at reduced cost.
If you just assemble with new o-rings does it still leak?

nope defo no washer supposed to be there so silicon grease maybe as bash says

if its leaking from the prv you will require a new one as there one use so need a new 87186834990

Could the broken white ring/washer/seal actually be the dried residue of a sealant applied during production (eg to ease assembly), or alternatively a residue build up perhaps due to a small leak over time? True the latter is unlikely without other evidence.
Surely the o-rings are supposed to provide the sealing function? I don't understand why there would be an additional hard material added as a separate component when the plastic moulding could have included that function at reduced cost.
If you just assemble with new o-rings does it still leak?
Thanks to all for the advice. I’m guessing it could be paste/sealant but seems a poor way to effect a seal. Yes, still leaks with new oring.
Maybe I should try some jointing compound. Best photo I can take of the seal? In 3 pieces.

Attachments

• AB02B755-36E0-4F74-8BB9-925888E0FB21.jpeg
    AB02B755-36E0-4F74-8BB9-925888E0FB21.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 12
That’s a 1/2 fibre washer

Thanks to all for the advice. I’m guessing it could be paste/sealant but seems a poor way to effect a seal. Yes, still leaks with new oring.
Maybe I should try some jointing compound. Best photo I can take of the seal? In 3 pieces.
Perhaps there was a previous problem with a leak, and someone stuck it in there as a remedy! 🤪
If there's any damage on the mating surfaces, and a genuine new o-ring still leaks, surely time for new components?

Can enlarge fibre washer id with a rats tail file and reduce od with a flat file - wouldn’t be the first one to get ‘adjusted’ for a new purpose.

I wouldn’t use jointing compound, just let the fibre washer do it’s job - it’ll swell up and seal.
Tighten it all up and if it drips a bit, catch the water and wait…. it should seal…..

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I have the same leak and also found a broken grey/white washer. Doesn't look like fibre. It's 20mm outer diameter 10mm inner and maybe 1.5mm thick.

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Leaking PHE inlet block on Heatslave II 25/32 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is...
Replies
Views
hi I have an intermittent overheat issue (every 5-10 days) with a Worcester Heatslave 25/32. According to the customer the Dhw becomes scalding hot and the boiler then locks out on the overheat stat. So it’s locking out on the hot water side presumably. There are no external controls on the hot...
Replies
Views
P
From the look of what's on the forum board, there does not seem to be too much in the way of big plumbing works being posted, I might have been lucky and been in the right place/time/etc, and been on some large works over my time on the tools, now in later years when I have the time to sit and...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P
U
Hi I have been given test questions for my 6129 level 2 plumbing and there are some questions I am not 100% sure on would anyone happen to know the correct answer to these as I can not find them in the materials I have will be getting a 6129 book soon and help be much appreciated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock