Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 26/35 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tpollock

Hi,

Been out to this boiler but cant work out whats up with it. The heating only comes on when the hot water stat is turned fully off. when you switch on both the water and heating, The heat bank reaches temp then the boiler cuts off but wont switch to rads ? only when you manualy turn the hot water stat up (till it clicks) then back down again the diverter moves to rads ? Any help would be goot cheers.

Sounds like the zone valve(s) is/are not operating properly. If you move the lever(s) by hand will they work then? If they do (but not on their own) then the motor probably requires replacing.

Just to confirm, is this an oil boiler?

yep its a oil boiler, it has a built in 3 port diverter valve. It moves to heating but only when hot water is switched off. Does not move to heating when hot water stat reaches temp.

So you need physically to push the lever to see if it then sends water to the heating circuit (when programmed to do so). If this works then you need to change the motor inside it.

Just re-read your post ... possibly ignore my change of motor suggestion.

Has it always done this (or perhaps maybe it has but only just been noticed)? If so, it's probably a wiring issue in the wiring centre. If not, it could still be a wiring issue or a faulty programmer? I'd check wires first.

It a hard one to diagnose without being there, I think you may have to call somebody

Rung worcester today and went through all the tetsting on the P.C.B and the tech guy seemed to think everything was ok. when i told him i wasn't convinced think i upset him. previous company charged the customer ÂŁ400 to change a few parts ! (dont know what) and still isn't working. It would be easy to just walk away but its bugging me and i want it fixed. cheers for the help so far guys !:eek:

Agree with ecowarm, it may be a faulty stat it sounds electrical, checking through the the feeds should show something up.
If the hot water stat is turned off that breaks the supply to allow the diverter valve to change to CH, therefore the supply must still be on demand for hot water and the boiler is switching off on the boiler stat. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heatslave 26/35 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock