Search the forum,

Discuss Water leak Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is there any way to confirm this, and if it is the thermal store is the boiler kaput or can it be replaced? No fault codes and boiler is working.

Found the leak, it's the part with the spring clips in the attached pic. What is it and is it a possible DIY replacement/repair or will I need an engineer?

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 19
It connects to the right side of the heat exchanger looking down from the top with the top cover off. Looking at the parts in the installation manual it's the housing for the DHW pressure relief valve that connects to the heat exchanger.

Last edited:
So it's not the housing that's leaking, I removed the pressure relief valve and it's plastic housing, and it has an o-ring, that seems ok, but a washer came out as well, don't know where from but that's cracked and perished, maybe that's the problem?

Attachments

• bits.jpg
    bits.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 16
Found a similar thread on here, don't know if they fixed it or not. Here's a pic of the weird washer that I found when I took out the pressure relief valve. It's 20mm outer diameter 10mm inner and about 1.5mm thick. Don't think it's fibre but might be.

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 11
That particular boiler is probably the worst oil boiler on the market, an absolute pile of poop. I wont even go out to them anymore.
Totally agree absolute rubbish we also refuse to work on them
As for new ones don't fit anything that begins with a W
Grant have recently extended warranty on vortex pro to 10 years.

Totally agree absolute rubbish we also refuse to work on them
As for new ones don't fit anything that begins with a W
Grant have recently extended warranty on vortex pro to 10 years.

Never been a massive fan of the Grants, probably because when I first started on oil every Grant was leaking like a collander. Over time realised that was poor installation rather than the boiler itself.

I try and steer clear of combis full stop, much prefer a hounsfield heat only and an unvented cylinder.

If I need a combi then it's a firebird slimline, still with 2 pumps.

May have to take another look at the Grant.

Fixed the leak, replaced the pressure relief valve and housing. They've altered the design so the washer is no longer needed. Would you believe though immediately after fitting it started leaking at the actual valve, they've changed the thickness of the o-ring. I swapped it for the old one, had to press it in a vice to get it in, but that sorted it.

Reply to Water leak Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock