Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30Si - Takes ages to warm domestic water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jazz

I have recently moved properties, my old property had a coal heating system and the domestic water was constantly hot. The new property is gas central heating and fitted with a Worcester Greenstar 30Si Combi Boiler, the problem that I have is that it takes ages for the domestic water to get hot something like two minutes, even then it is just gets hot, when the hot tap is turned off and on again with a 1 minute break the water is extremely hot.

I am going onto a water meter soon, so I am worried about all of this water loss while waiting for the water to warm.

Is this normal for these boilers to take ages for the hot water to come through? or is there possibly a fault?

It's a small flat so there's not much pipework, it's around 3 meters from the boiler to the tap.

Check the pre heat is enabled? Is the Eco button illuminated?
Eco button illuminated = pre heat off.
Eco button not illuminated = pre heat on
Hold eco button down for 3 seconds to turn on/off
The pre heat keeps the boiler hot water plate heat exchanger hot to reduce cold draw off time. It does mean the boiler firing up briefly now and then to maintain tempreature.
May be worth checking as a start..

Download the user guide for the boiler if the above is unclear, should have it covered in there.

There's not a lot else you (as the user) can physically do apart from turning the temperature up and try reducing flow rate when initially turning the tap on..
A combi boiler will always need a bit of time to ramp up and get to a stable temp. 2 minutes over a 3m or so pipe run does seem long.
If it's still not satisfactory get an engineer round to check the boiler out.

Probably just normal combi operation, if your flow rate is low it might take 2 minutes to get draw that water through? The tap might be 3 meters away but the plumbing could be travelling a lot further etc depending on route

Probably just normal combi operation, if your flow rate is low it might take 2 minutes to get draw that water through? The tap might be 3 meters away but the plumbing could be travelling a lot further etc depending on route

I agree exactly normal combi operation which is why I have never been in favor of them. I would go with a traditional system every time but everything nowadays needs to be cheap and fast which is why there is millions of rubbish heating systems out there with combis installed which people think are good because the radiators get hot quicker than their previous baxi bermuda (comparison). Quick rant sorry

if theres nothing wrong with the boiler (once the gas eng has been out) have a look at combi save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30Si - Takes ages to warm domestic water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock