Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30Si - Takes ages to warm domestic water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jazz

I have recently moved properties, my old property had a coal heating system and the domestic water was constantly hot. The new property is gas central heating and fitted with a Worcester Greenstar 30Si Combi Boiler, the problem that I have is that it takes ages for the domestic water to get hot something like two minutes, even then it is just gets hot, when the hot tap is turned off and on again with a 1 minute break the water is extremely hot.

I am going onto a water meter soon, so I am worried about all of this water loss while waiting for the water to warm.

Is this normal for these boilers to take ages for the hot water to come through? or is there possibly a fault?

It's a small flat so there's not much pipework, it's around 3 meters from the boiler to the tap.

Check the pre heat is enabled? Is the Eco button illuminated?
Eco button illuminated = pre heat off.
Eco button not illuminated = pre heat on
Hold eco button down for 3 seconds to turn on/off
The pre heat keeps the boiler hot water plate heat exchanger hot to reduce cold draw off time. It does mean the boiler firing up briefly now and then to maintain tempreature.
May be worth checking as a start..

Download the user guide for the boiler if the above is unclear, should have it covered in there.

There's not a lot else you (as the user) can physically do apart from turning the temperature up and try reducing flow rate when initially turning the tap on..
A combi boiler will always need a bit of time to ramp up and get to a stable temp. 2 minutes over a 3m or so pipe run does seem long.
If it's still not satisfactory get an engineer round to check the boiler out.

Probably just normal combi operation, if your flow rate is low it might take 2 minutes to get draw that water through? The tap might be 3 meters away but the plumbing could be travelling a lot further etc depending on route

Probably just normal combi operation, if your flow rate is low it might take 2 minutes to get draw that water through? The tap might be 3 meters away but the plumbing could be travelling a lot further etc depending on route

I agree exactly normal combi operation which is why I have never been in favor of them. I would go with a traditional system every time but everything nowadays needs to be cheap and fast which is why there is millions of rubbish heating systems out there with combis installed which people think are good because the radiators get hot quicker than their previous baxi bermuda (comparison). Quick rant sorry

if theres nothing wrong with the boiler (once the gas eng has been out) have a look at combi save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30Si - Takes ages to warm domestic water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
We have a Worcester green star 30si boiler Hot water is fine. Ch temp is set at 70 degrees but boiler heats to 68 quite fast then takes ages to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock