Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i return pipe cold, downstairs rads cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Had a bit of a nightmare with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i system boiler, problem as follows:

Upstairs rads getting hot, downstairs rads still cold, return pipe into boiler also cold.

We've had a power flush, new fan in boiler, new pump, still the same problem. The first rad on the system upstairs gets boiling hot, flow pipe on first drop warm, not quite reaching rad, return cold. All other drops cold on both flow and return.

The downstairs rads aren't blocked, because opening the drain valve on the return of each drop, and the hot water does get into the rad.

The return pipe into the boiler is also cold, there's some kind of valve on this return pipe just above the boiler, is it worth getting rid of this, as I believe it's not needed and have been told it could be restricting the flow.

After the power flush, the downstairs rads worked for around a week, but now they're not getting hot again. I do a bit of plumbing work myself, and have put new TRVs and lockshields on the rads, but we've also had 4 plumbers out, and the problem still isn't resolved.

The only thing I can think it is, is a blockage on the return pipe somewhere, but is this even possible being that a full power flush has been done?

Any replies really appreciated!

Cheers

Is the, "some sort of valve " on the return a Y strainer and if so check mesh not blocked.

Thanks for the replies, to answer:

All pipe is 15mm to rads, 22mm flow and return from boiler.

The valve does appear to be y type valve yes.

The pump is on setting 3.

Shall I check the y valve, or just remove it and replace with a magnaclean?

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i return pipe cold, downstairs rads cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock