Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Boiler Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Hello team! Quick question with regards to frost protection.....I had Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI fitted around December 2014. My plumber told me not to worry about frost protection as the boiler has some type of frost stat built in as standard which will kick in if the temperature reaches 5 degrees. However, having read the instructions for the boiler, it suggests that the frost stat will only kick in if I have the rotary dial on the front of the boiler switched to the frost position, as opposed to the the standard central heating setting ie. 1,2,3,4,5,6 or max. Surely the frost stat should kick in automatically regardless of what posotion the dial is in otherwise I would have to set the dial to the frost position every time I turned the heating off????????????

The frost setting is for when you have no heating on. It will frost protect when the boiler is on the other setting too.

As above or have a frost stat / pipe stat wired in note you will need to be gas safe to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version: I'd rather use frost protection + anti-freeze cycle on my mitsubishi ecodan heat pump. The warranty is apparently fine with that combination, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My boiler was kind of new & installed last year July, I know there's build-in frost protection. Also, there's an old external frost protection (attached photo) that the engineer did not disconnect it when installed the new boiler. I wonder if I need to disconnect/get rid of the old...
Replies
Views
I
If my boiler is set to frost protection but the boiler is low on pressure would the pump still kick in at low temp? I only ask this because it is in my caravan. I've drained it down and don't really want to power it back up just to fill the water pressure to then drain it back down again.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock