Discuss Worcester Boiler Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Hello team! Quick question with regards to frost protection.....I had Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI fitted around December 2014. My plumber told me not to worry about frost protection as the boiler has some type of frost stat built in as standard which will kick in if the temperature reaches 5 degrees. However, having read the instructions for the boiler, it suggests that the frost stat will only kick in if I have the rotary dial on the front of the boiler switched to the frost position, as opposed to the the standard central heating setting ie. 1,2,3,4,5,6 or max. Surely the frost stat should kick in automatically regardless of what posotion the dial is in otherwise I would have to set the dial to the frost position every time I turned the heating off????????????

The frost setting is for when you have no heating on. It will frost protect when the boiler is on the other setting too.

As above or have a frost stat / pipe stat wired in note you will need to be gas safe to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back