Discuss worcester 29HE conventional E9 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dean.

Hi got called out tonight to the above fault, The boiler wont fire, the fan runs it goes through ingition then stops and E9 comes up, the systems been like this for 2 weeks so cold. Ive checked head pressure is fine, pump works, checked fuse on pcb, im thinking the flow temp sensor needs replaced , any one know what to check when testing it and is it a drain down job replacing it.im going to phone worcester in morning just checking in advance, thanks

I had a similar problem a few months back. Phoned worcester and all the checks they ran through with me lead to a faulty PCB, replaced the board and the fault was still there. I ended up giving up on it and told them to phone WB for a fixed price repair

I just gave up because i'd spent a bit of time there, it was quite far to travel and i had a PCB to try and return (which PTS took back luckily) Prob could of got it sorted if i speant more time, but also didn't have MI's. The thermistors on mine were ok. Thinking about it now, it could of been the gas valve though. Sure someone whos familiar with these will give you some info soon.

E9 is the safety limit stat located at the front right hand side of the heat ex. Check it, might need replacing, but the boiler won't fire if it is that.

Called back today, yea it was the temp limiter on the flow, turned out not to bad. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 29HE conventional E9 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock