Discuss worcester 24cdi expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yo1

Has anyone got any experience in changing one of these on the standard efficiency cdi, any advice would be of great help as the vessel looks like a difficult one..

Not personally on them but I'm pretty sure you have to strip most of it to get to it, Worcesters are a nightmare to change parts.

Fit one externally

Im gonna try an external on if possible.. Worcester are also saying a lot if the boiler needs to be stripped to access the vessel

I'ts MAJOR surgery to be honest yo1! Main heat ex, pump and plate hex. water leaks are the main concern when re-assembling ! If you can get an external vessel on anywhere I'd recommend it :)

Are you sure diamond I thought it was pump, aps and plate hex cut band and vessel should come out if I am thinking of the right one, buy all the orings & washers just in case

Are you sure diamond I thought it was pump, aps and plate hex cut band and vessel should come out if I am thinking of the right one, buy all the orings & washers just in case

It's a tight squeeze past the pipe to the main hex from the pump, if memory serves me well it need a bit of a shove...? It's been some time but I remember having to taking the main hex out to get that pipe out of the way?

Major indeed! Had one last week and another next week. Even with everything removed they are tight to get out. The one I went to tonight which needs to doing next week was leaking out of the seam of the vessel itself so can't external it!Main hex has to come out so that you can remove the pipe work which crosses across the boiler in front of the vessel. That means fan out to remove hex, pump out, plate hex out etc etc. Someone on here did say you can drill out the rivets that hold the side panel on and remove that way, going to give this a try on the next one if possible.I'm lucky enough to have about 500 cdi's on my H.A patch so come across them quite often, which is nice!

Last edited:
Yep, that's the bit that looks the most difficult.. there's a pipe that passes right infront of the vessel from the heat ex, that seems to be the only reason to remove gte main heat ex to get the pipe out the way..

The main pipe is push fit if I remember, I just discon pushed it up out the way and the vessel is as you state still a pita to get out, so yeah fitting an external would be the most cost effective

Main hex stops you pushing the main pipe up though as they are locked in with the brackets that secure the hex in place. To be honest it's not much of a job removing the main hex and fan, it's the rest of the crap in the way that's a pain, I hate the plate hex connections and the little 10mm pipe that always bends when you take it out so the retaining clips are a nightmare to get back in when refitting.

Sambotc, this one is in the ha postcode... was thinking of capping the pipe to the vessel and fitting external as its leaking

Also be careful if you touch the isolation valves, boiler has to come off the wall to replace them!

They the round ones? If its the one I'm thinking of I got shown a easy way to get them out. Take the side panel off using a flat head to break the rivets side out to the side and refix side panel with self tapers. Combustion chamber not affected all good !

I'm going to try this method on the next one and if possible ill take some photos Along the way for a how to if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 24cdi expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock