Discuss Wobbly New bath - Issue with feet adjusters : How to fix it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thdt98

Hi,

I am running into trouble with my bathroom.

The bathroom is entirely tiled from top to bottom quite nicely but with the walls far from squared.

I have a Shanks Sandringham Suite to fit in it. The bath will have a wooden panel, height set to the maximum: 530mm.

I prepared the bath as the manual says. I put it in place and noticed that it is wobbly. The feet adjusters even screwed down to the flooring board are flexing, not very good quality. It is true that the feet adjusters are set quite high. I noticed that on the previous bath they were much shorter but stronger (no stud movement in the plastic).

What should I do?:
- Asking for a replacement, but maybe I might get the same result?
- I thought about adding a piece of wood on a one leg and two for the other one and using the feet adjusters from the other bath. I would fix the planks to the legs with the original leg adjusters.

Should I also secure the bath to the wall?
- If yes battens or brackets and how as 3 walls are plaster board and tiled, the other is concrete and also tiled.

To finish that off I have uneven gaps on both side up to 13 mm...no easy to fill in....not sure if sealant is the solution.

Hope someone can help me to get out of this........

Thanks in advance

i am sure a member on here near you will make a superb professional job of it.

Thanks...but I cannot remove the tiles...I have to find another solution....

Thanks Steve...I started to put wood under each feet and also changed the leg adjuster ....it is much much better....Will tell the result in a couple of hours.

could see it as a wave machine? fun every bath time! or just remove tiles

Put wood under the new (old- from previous bath)led adjusters and the wobble is gone....need to level this bath up ....and we shall see

You can't do it satisfactorily without taking off some tiles as the bath edge must be set into the wall to be stable. On a sold wall, a strip of plaster where the bath edge sits is hacked out to the bricks and the bath set into this, then pointed back up with render. Once fixed and the render has set, the bath will never flex against the wall.

Where you are onto a stud wall, chop out the row of tiles level with the bath edge and cut back the plasterboard just enough to allow the bath edge to sit into the wall. Fix your brackets and plaster up any gaps, then retile the missing section.

Anything else is a bodge up

Last edited:
As mentioned you need to take off tiles then tile down to the bath. This will give you a better water seal and also solve your problems with uneven gaps round the bath as it will now be tucked under. I always fit a baten round the walls then a frame to the front, then just drop the feet as additional support. Silicone round the bath before tiling and after tiling. The frame also acts as a fixing point for your bath panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wobbly New bath - Issue with feet adjusters : How to fix it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Our bathroom fitters have finished the first fix. However, when the tiler came round, he pointed out these issues: Standard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently ripped out a full bathroom and am replacing it with new everything. The old bath was P shaped with a fixed shower head coming...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock