Discuss Wiring help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

Evening, looking for some wiring advice. Got a vokera mynute 15vhe heat only boiler. When I put the programmer (Horstmann 425 diadem) on for hw only the pump runs bringing the ch on. So basically I can't have hot water only. Anyone have any tips? There is no zone valves.

hot water is on gravity (no pump) pipe should be 28mm

heating is with pump on (hot water also)

needs updating tbh

hot water is on gravity (no pump) pipe should be 28mm

heating is with pump on (hot water also)

needs updating tbh
Ideally would've fitted zone valves or went to a combi but we are the pearl of the custard.

What hat I don't get though is how the ch comes on when the demand is only for hw. It's been wired the exact same as the old boiler.

Ideally would've fitted zone valves or went to a combi but we are the pearl of the custard.

What hat I don't get though is how the ch comes on when the demand is only for hw. It's been wired the exact same as the old boiler.

boiler would still come on but pump wouldnt so if you have wired the pump to the boiler both would

boiler would still come on but pump wouldnt so if you have wired the pump to the boiler both would
How will I fix this mess? I've spent about 6 hours trying various combinations and just praying:smilielol5:

Close to tears

How will I fix this mess? I've spent about 6 hours trying various combinations and just praying:smilielol5:

Close to tears

either update which i would go for (but you could just put a 2 port on the heating but i would go full hog)

hot water = just boiler coming on but have a feeling over heat thermo stat will kick in / no flow through boiler

heating = pump and boiler come on

Last edited:
Is this a new boiler? If so, how have oyu fitted on gravity?

Last edited:
Have you just fitted a new timer,
is it set to gravity hot/pumped ch.
Sounds like the h/w and ch are wired the wrong way

Sounds like installation fault...

No zone valves on a new boiler?? Rads will always get hot if there's no zone valves but the pump comes on!? The new boiler would not exactly work on gravity...

You shouldn't have installed it like that to be honest.

Under part L you need to provide independent time and temperature control to heating and hot water. Impossible with out zone valves.

Cheers. I wasn't aware of the issue of no zone valves. Arranged to go back and fit zone valves and get it zoned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wiring help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock