Discuss wiring cm927 to ecotec pro 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ash121

Evening Guys

wireless thermostat has been fitted, when setting the temp the the wireless receiver powers on but the boiler does not fire up

RT24 - 24 V DC room thermostat link has been removed

The wiring has been fitted as follows 4 core cable

Mains connector block
x1 Live to stat live
x1 Neutral to stat neutral

Next to the connector block 230 V AC room thermostat
RT to B stat
RT to C stat

Please advise how I can rectify this, as we have no heating :(

Last edited by a moderator:
get the person back who fitted the thermostat as you need to be gas safe to take the cover off of the boiler to access the wiring

I wish I could however he is away for 2 weeks!, the power has been isolated I am more than comfortable taking the cover off once the power has been isolated and moving the wiring if required

I wish I could however he is away for 2 weeks!, the power has been isolated I am more than comfortable taking the cover off once the power has been isolated and moving the wiring if required

as its an gas appliance you cant so if hes away looks like you have two options (other than reading the instructions etc for maybe a fault on the system etc) one is to get a new gas safe eng to come and have a look or wait for him to come back

sorry to say

as its an gas appliance you cant so if hes away looks like you have two options (other than reading the instructions etc for maybe a fault on the system etc) one is to get a new gas safe eng to come and have a look or wait for him to come back

sorry to say

I'm not interfering with the gas element of the boiler at all! so I do not understand what the issue is, i've come on the forum seeking friendly advice to rectify the issue which I am more comfortable in doing

I'm not interfering with the gas element of the boiler at all! so I do not understand what the issue is, i've come on the forum seeking friendly advice to rectify the issue which I am more comfortable in doing

no but do you have to take the cover off and havent i been friendly????????

have you checked the basic eg new batteries in range etc?

Last edited:
Yes the cover has to be taken off to access the electronics box how is that interfering with the gas? I'm looking for a solution other than being told I can't do it

Yes the cover has to be taken off to access the electronics box how is that interfering with the gas? I'm looking for a solution other than being told I can't do it

really if you take the gas safe law to the letter you cant

Well thanks for your 'help'

sorry i couldn't help any more but its the law non gas safe people cant take the cover/ mess around with an gas appliance

I respect your opinion but there is no 'messing' it is merely reconfiguring the wiring if necessary

I've used this forum in the past seeking advice and guidance with no problems in people offering solutions

I respect your opinion but there is no 'messing' it is merely reconfiguring the wiring if necessary

I've used this forum in the past seeking advice and guidance with no problems in people offering solutions

yea but you havent asked any questions about the internal/ changing anything around

I think it's pretty obvious if the the stat is powering on but not firing the boiler there is an issue with the wiring some where

I think it's pretty obvious if the the stat is powering on but not firing the boiler there is an issue with the wiring some where

depends how he has wired it esp with 24v on the pcb etc you should have at the stat 240 coming in and 240 going out

If anyone else could offer assistance it would be much appreciated

Hi, was wondering how you know what's wired to what ? Need to take cover off to do that surely ?

Yep, I've taken the cover off, the gas and mains has been isolated

HI I know you have to be on, connections A and B, on the receiver, not B and C thanks.

Its the new vaillant boiler, I have done that, boiler still does not fire up :(

Its the new vaillant boiler, I have done that, boiler still does not fire up :(

for you have 240 at b and 240 going out on c its not the stat and thats all you can do

And you are on connections 3 and 4 in the boiler?

you cant check that without taking the cover off and braking the forum rules

Hi all I can help this guy, in this department, I don,t want to upset the apple-cart?
Is this not a forum?
No gas mentioned.

Hi all I can help this guy, in this department, I don,t want to upset the apple-cart?
Is this not a forum?
No gas mentioned.

but dont you have to take the cover off to get at the connections? if yes you need to be gas safe if no no you dont

HI shaun I am electric biased, and serve 35 heating engineers, on a daily basis?
I am always inside modern or new boilers?
Our head gas safe engineer, is registered.
Thanks.

Removing the case of this boiler constitutes gas work as it forms a seal.

Unless you are gsr you should not be doing so. Whether you think you know what you are doing or not is irrelevant. You are placing yourself and your family in a dangerous situation.

Turn it off and leave it alone. Then call in someone who is tested and proved to be competent.

Job 38.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wiring cm927 to ecotec pro 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock