Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Wiring an S-Plan onto a Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan-HybridHeat

Gas Engineer
I've just had to condemn an old 145L Andrews unvented water heater in a hair salon, and I am going back to fit an indirect unvented cylinder. They have a Worcester 230 combi in there at the minute which runs the heating and hot water for the kitchen sink.

I'm planning on leaving the kitchen sink running from the combi, and running the rest of the hot water from the new cylinder. Obviously there will be the 2 2-port valves controlled by a twin channel programmer, but I'm wondering how I wire the boiler seeing as it's a combi? I'm assuming it's similar to wiring it as normal to a system boiler, but not sure if the boiler will have the correct terminals to allow me to do it. The boiler MI's don't have great wiring diagrams so any help would be much appreciated!

Not 100% sure but think you take switch live from timer to X4 terminal block, connection No 2 but check with Worcester first,

Will give them a bell and check that, at least I've got somewhere to start now. It's actually out in Crapstone pretty close to you

here you go mate

combi s plan.jpg

and on the 230 think its

pin 1 is live sent
pin 2 live return (heat call)

any questions please ask

Last edited:
So if I take the SL from the oranges into pin 2, and the HW ON demand from the programmer into pin 1 that should do it?

I've only wired a few S-plans before but from scratch they're easy with the diagram

Last edited:
So if I take the SL from the oranges into pin 2, and the HW ON demand from the programmer into pin 1 that should do it?

I've only wired a few S-plans before but from scratch they're easy with the diagram

you will need to zone the heating as well unless there ok with heating on in the summer

Dont forget your auto bypass as well

and did one for your boiler

Worcester Rsf 230.png

Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Last thing, will I need to leave the link in between pin 1 and 2 or remove it?

Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Last thing, will I need to leave the link in between pin 1 and 2 or remove it?

It should be removed unless they don't have a room stat but needs to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wiring an S-Plan onto a Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock