Discuss Will new pipework airlock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djboyd

Hi

I hope someone can help me out with new central heating pipework I have installed in a new extention - 5 radiators fed by 22mm from existing house stepped down to 15mm for each rad (or two). However, the existing house concrete floor is not level meaning the pipes slope upward to the point where they join the new build, where they then fall slightly to the drain points and rads. The concrete floor has 2" battons then flooring so there is not enough room to offset the floor uneveness (is that a word?!). Is this likely to cause an airlock, it is a standard gravity fed system?

Thanks for any advice.

yes/maybe but do a search on here airlocks are every day occurrences

Basically if it does you can get rid of them with some simple bits of DIY equipment and some patience. Annoying on a job, not so bad in your own home on your own time.

Thanks for the replies - I did try a search, but I thought my airlock situation was unique! Good to know it will not be a major issue, the alternative is to get the sds out and chase a long channel out the concrete. I am thinking it will make sense to branch a radiator off at the high point to take the air to the rad - is this right?

Thanks again

yes it can airlock, if u fit drain off lock shields you can back fill through a hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will new pipework airlock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock