Discuss Why is my radiator making clicking noises when the heating is on? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I hope someone can help. I have had an issue with the radiator in my room for months. Every time the heating is switched on, the radiator makes an awful clicking noise. It's so irritating that I can't sleep. I've tried bleeding the radiator several times and this hasn't solved the issue. What do i do?

As above, could be no lugs on radiator brackets, pipes and other metals expanding, TRVs can chatter as well
Lugs, these are little plastic inserts which fit into the slots on the radiator brackets. The radiator straps fit into the slots and into the lugs. If its a new thing on an old rad then this is unlikely. If its pipes rubbing on the joists when they expand and contract try some lubrication. Centralheatking

sounds like the rad has got crap in. and was not flushed out be fore fitting, always flush them first you be surprised what comes out sometimes, and it makes for a cleaner install, if you know what your doing take it off and flush it out, or get local plumber to sort.

Lugs, these are little plastic inserts which fit into the slots on the radiator brackets. The radiator straps fit into the slots and into the lugs. If its a new thing on an old rad then this is unlikely. If its pipes rubbing on the joists when they expand and contract try some lubrication. Centralheatking
What lubricant would you use?

Reply to Why is my radiator making clicking noises when the heating is on? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Back