Discuss Why do Pikeys steal copper pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gromit

Every time I have a skip in the drive, five in the morning till about seven vans with our travelling friends do the rounds and have a rummage through. Anything metal especially copper is taken. They've even taken the grate in the drain. Anyone know what do they do with the metal?

If I have a quite half day,I go round old customers were I installed heating 20 years ago and rip out all the long lengths of copper and replace with plastic on a free up grade,nice little earner,also swop brass ball valves for reconditioned plastic ones !!
:cool::)

Thing is I can't believe the front of these guys. Off the subject a bit but in my ffront garden I've just planted. Same vans driving past looking for metal are having a close lok at the new plants - and I bet it ain't horticulture these guys are into. Makes me paranoid strange people hanging around - as soon as a skip goes in all the local vermin follow.

Around 6 weeks or so back you could have actually bought bundles of new copper and scrapped them for a profit!
Also, so i've been told, 2p coins are worth 3p:confused:

The term pikey as a pejorative appears to be a very old English word, remaining near unchanged, probably in common use during William Shakespeare's lifetime. The text Gypsy Politics and Social Change notes Boorde's 1547 reference:
Egipcions be swarte and doth go disgsy'd in theyr apparel, contrary to other nacyons: they be lyght fyngered, and use pyking.[5]
Gypsies are swarthy and go disguised in their apparel, contrary to other nations: they are light-fingered and use piking

if i have a quite half day,i go round old customers were i installed heating 20 years ago and rip out all the long lengths of copper and replace with plastic on a free up grade,nice little earner,also swop brass ball valves for reconditioned plastic ones !!
:cool::)
now theres a good idea to start your own scrapage scheme reduced rates for new plastic install, hmmm,

Thats right Redsaw . I am sick of my little Magnacleen free tester pulling all my change out of my pocket !!!! Its good to show people though how even the quality of our money has gone down

Hi Gromit. Small amounts of scrap, that i make a point of giving to my dustman. Allow me to leave any crap i wish to get rid of by my bins. This may work for you if you have a need. Good Luck

Hmm I had one Knock on the door a few years back asking me did I want to sell my car..a big old Mitsubushi Shogun...no thanks I said... about three weeks later someone masshed up all the locks trying to nick it....coincidence?..I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why do Pikeys steal copper pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back