Search the forum,

Discuss Which undersink water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DesDixon

I'm looking for an electric under sink water heater to supply two small basins in a small flat - (1 kitchen basin, 1 bathroom basin).

Power requirements are not an issue but space is.

Given the above, I've been looking at either of the below types - any experiences or recommendations?

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/redring-powerstream-eco-bathroom-water-heater-9-5kw/89511

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ariston-andris-lux-europrisma-2kw-10ltr-undersink-water-heater/3248g

If your looking to install them yourself I'm sorry you can't as you need to he G3 qualified

But I would go for the second link but the 3kw version

Isn't G3 only for >15L? Anyway, digressing from my question.

Any reason why the second would be better? It seems to require more space, expansion vessel, PRV etc.

Isn't G3 only for >15L? Anyway, digressing from my question.

Any reason why the second would be better? It seems to require more space, expansion vessel, PRV etc.

No G3 covers any water heater unvented or vented these days

And unless you want a spark pulling a new line direct from your consumer unit (same rules as a shower the first link)

Place is stripped so a new line from consumer unit is no bother.

No G3 covers any water heater unvented or vented these days

And unless you want a spark pulling a new line direct from your consumer unit (same rules as a shower the first link)

When did that change? Under 15 litres used to be exempted from G3, for example Quooker boiling taps etc.

Last edited:
Not sure on all there products these days but Zip were very good , but expencive

Not sure on all there products these days but Zip were very good , but expencive

Still good mate but as you say expensive and spares arnt cheap

Speak to Chris watkins he's the one he told me first and its confirmed when I went on my unvented re up

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...chment_data/file/509352/160321_Part_G_FAQ.pdf

Pg8

Challenged Quooker on this today and they pointed out that the installation is not notifiable to BC if under 15 litres but the electrical connection maybe

"Do these requirements apply to small water heaters such as water heaters of less than 15 litres that were previously exempt?"
"Yes, the provision applies to all hot water systems. However, to reflect the lower risk associated with such a system, the work is not notifiable to the building control body nor is there a requirement for a certificate to be produced that states the work complies with the Building Regulations (unless the associated electrical work is notifiable for the purposes of Part P)."

However if one blew up and caused damage I would imagine quite a difficult time would ensue with Public Liability insurance.

Challenged Quooker on this today and they pointed out that the installation is not notifiable to BC if under 15 litres but the electrical connection maybe

"Do these requirements apply to small water heaters such as water heaters of less than 15 litres that were previously exempt?"

"Yes, the provision applies to all hot water systems. However, to reflect the lower risk associated with such a system, the work is not notifiable to the building control body nor is there a requirement for a certificate to be produced that states the work complies with the Building Regulations (unless the associated electrical work is notifiable for the purposes of Part P)."

However if one blew up and caused damage I would imagine quite a difficult time would ensue with Public Liability insurance.

Yes just means you don't need to give a certificate but still need to be qulified

Speak to Chris watkins he's the one he told me first and its confirmed when I went on my unvented re up

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...chment_data/file/509352/160321_Part_G_FAQ.pdf

Pg8

A good document is that Shaun well worth a read as is details the changes to Part G that took place in 2010 update.

Not that long ago in plumbing industry terms, I recon give it about another ten years & most will be vaguely aware that you have to be Part G to install even an open vented water heater let alone an un-vent one albeit that under 15L it does not need to be notified.

Still why should the public & most of the plumbers out there care, there is no policeman or prosecutions to ensure that the Law is upheld & so the wild west will continue. :sad:

OP = 15L storage for the kitchen sink (not basin as they go in the bathrooms) 10L storage for the basin.
Storage is required to allow good flow at high temp to give usable fittings. Instantaneous will give poor flow rates (in winter) & take an age to fill.

Last edited:
OP = 15L storage for the kitchen sink (not basin as they go in the bathrooms) 10L storage for the basin.
Storage is required to allow good flow at high temp to give usable fittings. Instantaneous will give poor flow rates (in winter) & take an age to fill.

Do the instantaneous need a non-return valve, pressure reducing valve and expansion valve?

If your G3 reg you will know

"You're", you mean? You're too far to quote for the job anyway..
Can someone who actually wants to help only reply, please. I don't get this much grief on a car forum and we are dealing with petrol there.
I am not fitting these myself but will obviously get someone qualified to do so as this is a professional project and I need a receipt.
The reason I am asking these questions is because the flat is small and space is limited so I want to make sure I manage everything around the space requirements - the two types of undersink heaters I have listed are different in size and deciding which one will be fitted now, makes things a lot easier.

Can someone who actually wants to help only reply, please. I don't get this much grief on a car forum and we are dealing with petrol there.
I am not fitting these myself but will obviously get someone qualified to do so as this is a professional project and I need a receipt.
The reason I am asking these questions is because the flat is small and space is limited so I want to make sure I manage everything around the space requirements - the two types of undersink heaters I have listed are different in size and deciding which one will be fitted now, makes things a lot easier.

Your G3 engineer will advise you what parts you will need. And which appliance is most suited to your needs.

you dont needs qualifications to work on engines but you do when i comes to water expanding

and yes i cant spell for toffee, and i wouldn't want to anyway but thanks for asking

Before you two get in a pi$$ing match,
Des, please read post #13 again.

Please don't get snotty with the members of this forum because youbelieve you didn't get the advice you thought you needed.

What you got is honest and factual.

You need a g3 to fit this.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which undersink water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock