Currently reading:
Which system condensing boiler is best for a long horizontal flue?

Discuss Which system condensing boiler is best for a long horizontal flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katalin

I am having my boiler replaced and have a long (c 7 meter) horizontal flue. My preference would be a Worcester Bosch 30cdi but one plumber told me I need a Keston due to the long flue (he normally works with Worcester Bosch's and Vaillants).
I've read horrible reviews of Kestons. Anyone have an experience with them?
Thanks

If you up size the flue to the optional 80/125mm on a 30CDi you can run it 16m. Deduct 2m per 90 deg bend and 1m for a 45 bend.

On a Vaillant a 80/125mm flue can run up to 25m.

Keep away from Kestons.
Pile of pooh (putting it politely).:eek:

i love kestons good boilers imho. have fitted scores over the years with my old firm and honestly could count the number of problems on one hand, they're quick to come out if you do have a problem, maybe we've been lucky but personally i rate them
i dont work for keston by the way.

7m is no great length for modern fan flued boilers. why go for a relative unknown when vaillant and worcs (maybe) are
well known and in work well in 100,000 's of homes. we fit vaillant and have done for years with no customer comebacks

centralheatking

Thanks. That's good to know.

In the meantime, I've heard good reports about Atag. Have you worked with these and/or do you have an opinion?

i love kestons good boilers imho. have fitted scores over the years with my old firm and honestly could count the number of problems on one hand, they're quick to come out if you do have a problem, maybe we've been lucky but personally i rate them
i dont work for keston by the way.

I heard Kestons used to be good but that they've deteriorated significantly in the last few years. Don't know what's going on.

7m is no great length for modern fan flued boilers. why go for a relative unknown when vaillant and worcs (maybe) are
well known and in work well in 100,000 's of homes. we fit vaillant and have done for years with no customer comebacks

centralheatking

I have twin flues (my current boiler is a Vokera Mynute 28 se). Do Vaillants work with twin flues?

I would try a Vaillant ecotec plus 831. It can be used with a std flue length of up to 8m horizontally, making it very flexible. Vaillant also just won the best heating manufacturer award, voted for by Corgi installers, so the boilers are v good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which system condensing boiler is best for a long horizontal flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock