Search the forum,

Discuss Where could I buy this part of a tap and what is it called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

longy

Hi my first post so thanks in anticipation of any help I may receive.

I have just come home to a flooded kitchen as the threaded connector of my cold tap has failed and sheared off. It amazes me that this has happened as the tap is solidly fitted to the work top and there is no movement at all.

Anyway, the make is Perrin and Rowe of Mayfair non the less!! - Never heard of them myself but then I would never probably be able to afford one had it not already been in the house when we moved in. Anyway I digress.

What is this elbowed part called? (see arrow in the picture) and are they fairly standard? Can I get one from anywhere? Its a sort of satin finish. I dont care if the replacement matches properly and dont want to pay silly money to get one.

It seems to be about 22mm in diameter.

Many thanks.

IMG_20140320_171327.jpgIMG_20140320_181617.jpg

Phone the manufacturer up and they will advise you, ready yourself for an expensive reply......they are "the worlds finest" taps after all!

I would call it a "cranked pillar" and they are fairly common on that sort of mixer.

I have never seen one sold on its own - only as part of a mixer.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Well the "worlds finest tap" has failed due to a fracture where threaded end of the cranked pillar has broken off the cranked pillar, despite there being no movement as the tap is mounted so solidly you would think its part of the work top. I have yet to get a reply from the "worlds finest tap" people because they are probably busy putting a 20,000% markup on something else they have imported from asia for a couple of quid.

Anyway, luckily the kitchen has survived. I am so glad we were in when it failed and not on holiday.

Thanks again for the replies. It is enabling me to search for new "cranked kitchen taps" but you are correct in that it does not appear to be possible to buy just the cranked parts and I am now looking at replacing the whole tap.

Nah the house is about 10 years old and I think it went in then. Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where could I buy this part of a tap and what is it called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock