• Thread starter Old Account
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 210

Discuss What would be ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi plumbing lads,

Im just wondering if you would change your job and life changing decision if you had the chance to turn the time back ?

If so, what would you be ?
what sort of dream job would be yours ?

I will kick it off with being a Police men. I would love to be a crime investigator, that would be the ideal job for me. I really love watching serial killers and unsolved crimes. It might sound weird to you all but that would be my dream.

In my opinion you do not need to the smartest person to carry out your dream job ... If you have passion and you really love what you doing you will gain your knowledge in any way. You will start reading, studying just to be become better.

It it is so much easier to study what you literally love.

Obviously for some sort of jobs like pilot or a doctor for transplants you require a decent knowledge.

but again for being a police man you do not need to have the highest degrees to become a great police men.

im sorry to bother you all but just would like to know what's your dream job and what's your thought about it.

regards,

ron/ matchless

there's only one job i'd like to do in the police. i'd quite like to be the guy who operates the water cannon on rioters.

My life changing decision would be to not change my lotto numbers that Saturday in 2012 which coincidentally was the day my numbers came in!!

Never mind I enjoy my profession..

not sure what else I'd have done really maybe the dreaded sparks but that would be about it

Stayed in the Army rather than being a plumber!

I refused to go to the army. I instead looked after elder people in a care house and have seen and gained a lot of different experience.

It's pretty hard to see people getting older and helpless. It's not an easy job though I definitely have a huge respect to those people who do those jobs for many many years.

My life changing decision would be to not change my lotto numbers that Saturday in 2012 which coincidentally was the day my numbers came in!!

Never mind I enjoy my profession..

not sure what else I'd have done really maybe the dreaded sparks but that would be about it

Really, so close you came ? I wouldn't call it bad luck , I always would try to see the positive things in such situations.

Can I ask what jackpot it would have been ?

I do enjoy plumbing too but would definitely love being an investigator.

Trust me keep playing once upon a time and have the will to win or better to be successful and you will see , you only can be successful.

Really, so close you came ? I wouldn't call it bad luck , I always would try to see the positive things in such situations.

Can I ask what jackpot it would have been ?

I do enjoy plumbing too but would definitely love being an investigator.

Trust me keep playing once upon a time and have the will to win or better to be successful and you will see , you only can be successful.

£380k

Not millions but would have been mortgage free at 25 and had a safety net in the bank.

If i had my time all over again. I would be a sportscar driver as in Le Mans 24hr and endurance racing. I like F1 but not as a driver it seems a bit sanitised sometimes with all the fidling about with rules , just let em race.

Dont know why but i would like to be a dentist

sit on me arse all day listening to radio 2 raking in 100k

I don't want to burst the bubble but there is no such thing as the dream job. No matter what you did you'd get sick of it.
Gigolo.....sick looking at it.

The police (or any cavil service government job) however is a good one.
A guy i now left school at 16 and joined the police cadets then into the full budda.
I'd never seen him in near 40 years then bumped into him in B&Q. He was working there. We got talking and he reached inspector then took retirement at 50 on more pf a payout than your average wage and was working in B&Q cos he was bored watching Jeremy Kyle.
The pensions from the police have since been cut but i'd bet they are still good.
I've knocked my cu nt in for 40 years, abused my body to destruction
, have a 6 figure pension fund which i've had to pay myself and the fia probably made as much as me, that will get me shyt back if i live long enough.
Look at the bigger picture.
This game (or any trade) is for mugs unless you hit the big time employer thing.

I would have been a chef. Gave it a LOT of thought when I got redundancy from my IT job but my daughter was young and my ex-wife was being a pig about access so I would have never seen my kid. So I chose plumbing...

I don't want to burst the bubble but there is no such thing as the dream job. No matter what you did you'd get sick of it.
Gigolo.....sick looking at it.

The police (or any cavil service government job) however is a good one.
A guy i now left school at 16 and joined the police cadets then into the full budda.
I'd never seen him in near 40 years then bumped into him in B&Q. He was working there. We got talking and he reached inspector then took retirement at 50 on more pf a payout than your average wage and was working in B&Q cos he was bored watching Jeremy Kyle.
The pensions from the police have since been cut but i'd bet they are still good.
I've knocked my cu nt in for 40 years, abused my body to destruction
, have a 6 figure pension fund which i've had to pay myself and the fia probably made as much as me, that will get me shyt back if i live long enough.
Look at the bigger picture.
This game (or any trade) is for mugs unless you hit the big time employer thing.

Not wrong there Tamz, do anything for long enough you'll get bored to death with it.

Would love to have some type of coffee or greasy spoon shop always think about it but never had the balls to take the plunge.Quite enjoy meeting the public which is one of the bonuses of this job.

Our trade went to the wall at around 2000 ish

Dont know why but i would like to be a dentist

sit on me arse all day listening to radio 2 raking in 100k

Maybe not a pleasant job when looking in others mouths all day but can't be much different from looking into a full bowl of **** ...

But the money is the key ... You getting payed alright :)

I would have been a chef. Gave it a LOT of thought when I got redundancy from my IT job but my daughter was young and my ex-wife was being a pig about access so I would have never seen my kid. So I chose plumbing...

My brother-in-law is a chef. He works in Windsor castle ( Oakley court hotel ), he cooks all the time when he is over here at mine. What meals he does is incredible especially those fancy looking ones :D

But, let me tell you Massod being a chef isn't as easy as you think a lot of hours you need to do about 14-17 is standard as well as payment isn't as good . It's a long long way up to be one of the greatest chefs. He loves doing what he's doing ... He is the first person I meet which loves the work he's doing.

One day you have got time pop in my house and have a lunch with us

Last edited by a moderator:
But, let me tell you Massod being a chef isn't as easy as you think a lot of hours you need to do about 14-17 is standard as well as payment isn't as good .

I know the industry very well indeed, and I know what is involved. That's why I decided against it, because the hours would have meant no contact with my daughter.

I would love to be outside all the time in the countryside something like a gamekeeper would be good, what I should of done is carry on with horses and moved into the racing world, I'm too tall to be a jokey but I was great schooling youngsters when I was younger.

My brother-in-law is a chef. He works in Windsor castle ( Oakley court hotel ), he cooks all the time when he is over here at mine. What meals he does is incredible especially those fancy looking ones :D

The Oakley Court Hotel is a 5* hotel so he must be pretty good, it`s just outside Windsor next to the old Bray film studios but it is not connected to the castle.

Noel Coward said the secret to happiness is when "work is more fun than fun." The dream job then would be one that is vast in scope and changes with you. A creative one. There are jobs that are one in a million but they usually go to people who are one in a million. To imagine your dream job you'd need to imagine your dream you, first. And to whatever extent you can see limits to any job you are really seeing limits to yourself. Sad, innit.

Last edited:
always wanted to do farming, even got and hnd in agriculture, trouble was the whole farming culture collapsed in the 80s cost too much to set up even renting, no one took on managers etc etc. Only way to get that dream sorted is the euro lottery jackpot.

Or win a small jackpot and buy a barn to rebuild old cars, happiness personified.

The Oakley Court Hotel is a 5* hotel so he must be pretty good, it`s just outside Windsor next to the old Bray film studios but it is not connected to the castle.

That's right rpm, it it's not connected but still a massive castle though and pretty posh from out and inside. Very good food over there.

Recently I had a 8 meal course and to each meal you get a different wine. You can imagine how people walk when they get up ;)

Not me though I am not drinking alcohol at all never drunk / never been drunk ...

He is very very good chef mate ... Today he is coming over and we will have something special again. We always bake fresh bread together like focaccia and so on ...

They've got their own bees and plants for food so it's really high quality.

i wish id worked that bit harder in english at school and got a grade c. If i did i would have got an apprenticeship with ICI as a Tiffy. My mate managed it and now he works 4 days a week on £60,000/yr. It wouldnt be my perfect job but life would be so much easier and id be so much happier. At school i did a 2 week work experience with BG and that made my mind up, i wanted to be a gas engineer! BG werent taking any apprentices so went down the plumbing route and here i am!!! 25 years later, knackered knees and back, skint, and eeking out an existence..........happy days:banghead:

Turning back time to 2003 I would have taken my voluntary redundancy and set up on my own rather than have gone to Canada for 2 years. But still doing the same.

Turning back to 84 I would have stayed at 6th form and gone on to study law.

I'd do plumbing still, My ideal job would be something to do with motorbikes, either training instructor or something along the lines but I've still got plenty of time to do that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would be ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
A
Hello all, Im wondering if you can help? Ive got a Vaillant Ecotech Pro 28 which was installed 9 years back and has worked like a dream all its...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Interesting discussion ongoing on Pistonheads Forum, Home and DIY section. There are some muppets here but also some very knowledgeable people who...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
Back