Discuss What steps do you take when a customer refuses to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC you can't add costs or interest to a small claims procedure. What's the value of the debt?
As above, write to them asking for payment or a written explanation of their refusal to pay.

Don't let anyone get away with it or you will find word gets round that people can get away without paying you.

I had a problem 4 years ago with a customer. Job was under £200. Went to small claims. Never got any money in the end but at least their credit rating was trashed.

I fitted a filling loop for a customer charged them £45 before christmas and they still haven't paid me despite numerous emails, first time its happened to me, but looking into it for such a small amount small claims court is not worth it. I may have to just take the hit on this one as I only have the tennants address and not the actual customer. I may try the increasing the bill tactic sounds reasonable enough to me.

For small amounts with new customers I insist on payment at the end of the job and if they are hesitating I suggest if I have to fill out and post an invoice it will be more as I will have to allocate office time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What steps do you take when a customer refuses to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock