Search the forum,

Discuss What size of copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulrog

Hi,
Now i'm not a plumber but have been plumbing in my house for years so happy to move pipework, install bathrooms etc.
My next project is to install 3 new radiators in 3 rooms which have previously had electric storage heaters. The radiators will be feed off the main boiler in the house which is a worcester hiflo 440.
Looking at normal radiator circuits the proper way is to break the flo/return pipes from the boiler to feed the 3 radiators, so you have 4 pipes to install, because of the way my house and the 3 extra rooms have been built i'm not going to break the flo/return pipes but to T into them to the first of the 3 new rads then "piggy back" the other 2 off it, I will adjust the rad valves to ensure enough heat goes to the last rad.
My question is do I use 22mm to the 1st or 2nd rad, then 15mm pipe to the 3rd rad? or just use 15mm all the way?
The distance from the boiler flo/return pipes to the first rad is 12 meters, 1m to the next, 3m to the last rad.
I don't want to put too much strain on the central heating pump in the combi boiler.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Agree with missplumb, always best you use 22mm where possible when adding rads to a system

Use 22mm until you need to branch off for each radiator. 3 radiators is quite a lot to add if they are big doubles. How big is your boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What size of copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock