Discuss What manufacture/model is this mixer shower?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James

Hi everyone, this is my first post here on this forum and I'm hoping one of you good fella's can help me with a problem I've got. My father inlaw has a mixer shower which is only giving out cold water however I have hot water at all of the other outlets. From the picture does anyone know what make or model this shower is?? Thanks people

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 80
Could be an aqualisa looks a bit like an version of an aqualisa dream , your best bet is to get in touch with shower doctor email them a pic and they'll tell you

Looks like an old Mira, looking a bit worse for where have you thought about replacing it ?

As Irish says, send a pickie to showerdoc. If anyone can help you, they can.

Hi people, I ended up changing the shower to an exposed triton thermostatic mixer. When I had both pipes disconnected and opened the valves the flow through the hot was really poor compared to the cold, the other hot taps bring the boiler in except for the shower. In order to have a shower they have to run a hot tap first then run the shower and turn the tap off. It's a combi boiler, biasi prisma 24 se and he doesn't have the money to replace it, could it be the diaghram washer in the diverter valve or a blocked dhw heat exchanger??? Any advice is much appreciated guys :)

I would say that if the other taps are working in the house and the only problem is with the shower, then you have a problem with the shower mixer.
Mixer taps are prone to having cold water flow back through the hot water system, especially if there is a greater pressure on the cold water supply.
This may be the reason that you are not getting hot water at the shower

Hi people, I ended up changing the shower to an exposed triton thermostatic mixer. When I had both pipes disconnected and opened the valves the flow through the hot was really poor compared to the cold, the other hot taps bring the boiler in except for the shower. In order to have a shower they have to run a hot tap first then run the shower and turn the tap off. It's a combi boiler, biasi prisma 24 se and he doesn't have the money to replace it, could it be the diaghram washer in the diverter valve or a blocked dhw heat exchanger??? Any advice is much appreciated guys :)

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What manufacture/model is this mixer shower?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock